Peaking a DW dish using jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
After Terry did a great job of installing my roof mount and Ron connected the cables and carefully adjusted the dish, we all sat in the coach while I was merrily surfing. But, after they left, I was getting transmit failures and was unable to stay online. By chance I moved to the other side of the coach and noticed all 5 modem lights came on. I moved back to the desk and 2 lights went out. That was a clue and reminded me I hadn't deployed the jacks.

Thinking back, when I was surfing earlier, Ron and Terry were sitting on the sofa while I was sitting at the desk opposite them and they were essentially levelling the coach. In the morning I deployed the jacks and levelled the coach. Bingo! I was back online with a good signal strength.

Moral of the story - either deploy the jacks before setting up the dish or send the other half up on the roof to adjust the dish while I sit at the desk  ;D

Hmmm, I seem to recall asking that the coach level be confirmed before Terry and I adjusted the mount level.  Guess it is my fault I didn't specify confirming the coach was level on the jacks. ;D ;D

Ron said:
I seem to recall asking that the coach level be confirmed before Terry and I adjusted the mount level.

You did and it was. But that was without the jacks being down.

Tom said:
You did and it was. But that was without the jacks being down.

Guess its my fault since I didn't mention or question if the jacks were down? ;D ;D? Fortunately you are parked in a campground that provides FREE access to their WIFI connection. ;)

I was just re-reading and I just noticed that you are indicating that it took both Terry and I setting opposite of you in your coach to offset the lean to your side of the coach. ;D :D ;) ;)

Ron said:
Fortunately you are parked in a campground that provides FREE access to their WIFI connection.

Yes I am and that saved me having withdrawal symptoms that evening. OTOH I could have switched seats with Chris.

Any leaks in the roof yet?

No, but that's hardly surprising given the fact that it hasn't rained and the coach hasn't moved. As a precaution, I'm thinking of installing a drip pan in the ceiling (actually, between the ceiling and the roof) and routing a drain hose over to the galley. Shouldn't be too tough to do. All the parts are available at Home Depot or Lowes and I have some time to kill in the next week.

Back
Top Bottom