People will do anything to be on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

While going through channels on the TV i ran across this show "love after lockup",  i am at a loss for words not only is it so sad, but also so pathetic its funny and not in a good way.    Is the public so disconnected that they will do anything to mess up their lives?    Sorry i mean i can see maybe criminal meets criminal but for decent girls and guys with no criminal record to look for and want someone with a felony record, WHY!!  I just dont get it but i guess i dont need to get it, to each is own, but i sure dont understand it, if they think these people have turned over a new leaf, im my opinion they are so wrong.  I would never ever do that..

Especially for a non criminal female to want a male prisoner when they have never had a private conversation, never held each other, never even held hands, he is a repeat offender and for her to say after just 3 love letters that she cant wait to get married and have his children... WOW sorry but that really makes nice guys in society seem pretty much worthless LMAO....  :) 

I think females just have this facination with danger that they cant deny, that is the only thing that logically makes sense to me. 

And then to top that off there was a commercial for a new show about some young people and one wears a diaper for kicks....  WTH OMG...  First why would anyone admit that and second why would they want to be on TV wearing diapers, and they are in their 20's.... LMAO   

It's truly sad what passes for TV shows...
But to answer your question...$$$$$$$

Just the other day I was telling my 7 year old grand daughter that, when I was 7, there were only three TV channels. Now there's at least a hundred, but at any given time there's only about three that have anything worth watching. It's amazing what passes for entertainment these days.

Kev

Yep the innocense of hee-haw and simple comedy of Love American Style are no more...

Gizmo100 said:
But to answer your question...$$$$$$$

Yes after some research almost every ad on that website the convicts list how they can receive money.  WOW,  so i guess they want someone to send them money, money means power in prison.  Now i understand how that one guy on the show said he already invested about 9 grand in the female convict.  So sad...

I think females just have this facination with danger that they cant deny, that is the only thing that logically makes sense to me.

Not just female.. Many people of both sexes find "Danger" attractive, Alluring, Exciting... NOTE that I am not among them.  Though I did (in my working days) Love helping to put some folks (Who well deserved it) IN Prison.  (I was a police dispatcher).

I guess a professional counselor could make a killing off some of these folks.  I was shocked to see this girl cry and totally fall apart as if she had known this person all her life when she could not pick him up at the prison but had to go down the street because they decided to release him in their words "to the puplic", i guess that means they just let him get off the bus and walk away in town.    Such a beautiful women from what seems to be a good family, and she puts such an emotional investment in someone from prison she has never touched or been alone with. 

Maybe im just shocked at that because that is something i have never had in my life and always been the giver while others take take take.  But im sure with my strong character even if i did meet someone that was a giver and gave me all that fluffy stuff, i certainly would never ever put such emotional investment in it that quick regardless of what they call lightning strike.  I feel i am smarter than that at my age.

I am interested to see what happens to these couples over time, i would be willing to be most of them blow up in a bad way.  And that is not saying that i will watch the show all the time, but i might pop in or google once in a while to see what happened. 

Where else is a self-loathing, insecure woman going to find a guy. He isn't going anywhere. He'll be nice to her as long as she shows him proper worship and brings/buys him stuff. He'll promise (lie) to always love her even when (if) he gets out. She'll be able to delude herself that she's found true love and happiness forever. And, she'll make friendships with other women like her that she meets at the prison every visiting day.

IBTripping said:
Where else is a self-loathing, insecure woman going to find a guy. He isn't going anywhere. He'll be nice to her as long as she shows him proper worship and brings/buys him stuff. He'll promise (lie) to always love her even when (if) he gets out. She'll be able to delude herself that she's found true love and happiness forever. And, she'll make friendships with other women like her that she meets at the prison every visiting day.

I have a niece that has married a convict....And wow did you nail it. I really dread the day he gets released. 

Gizmo100 said:
I have a niece that has married a convict....And wow did you nail it. I really dread the day he gets released.

I used to have an oversight role of prisons. Saw it all the time. Felt sorry for those women. For many, it was about the only positive thing in their lives.

IBTripping said:
BINGO! It's so sad, makes you wonder what happened to lead up to that.

Kevin Means said:
Just the other day I was telling my 7 year old grand daughter that, when I was 7, there were only three TV channels. Now there's at least a hundred, but at any given time there's only about three that have anything worth watching. It's amazing what passes for entertainment these days.

Kev
Amen to that Kevin.  Some days not even 3 worthy of looking at.  24/7 News has resulted in actually dumbing down of America.

Bill

I like PBS Public broadcasting channel.

All states have them.

https://www.pbs.org/

MPT: Maryland public television is  our  channel.

Nice shows........well sometimes too much British  show stuff, like that  Dowton Abby show!  hahhahaha

Boy people like that drama.

Do any of you watch the pbc? 

It is over the air and  on cable.

I spent some time in prison. No wait, that was the in-laws house. There are a plethora of women that like the bad boy image. Take my wife for instance. I used to be really bad. Tore the tags off many a mattress. Never been on TV though.

Oldgator73 said:
I spent some time in prison. No wait, that was the in-laws house. There are a plethora of women that like the bad boy image. Take my wife for instance. I used to be really bad. Tore the tags off many a mattress. Never been on TV though.

Jerry Springer should do a show on you ;D

Oldgator73 said:
I would never go on Jerry Springer. Too many fights. And I might find out I?m the father.

Don't be afraid.....It's time for the world to know the truth....DAD....Now about that back Allowance?

Oldgator73 said:
You actually have to earn an allowance. I have a butt load of chores you can do to earn that back allowance.

I did those chores....Your just trying to cheat me out of my allowance....I'm telling MOM.......And then I'm calling The Jerry Springer show.....Dads who cheat their unknown children ;D

Oldgator73 said:
I already told you. I?m not sure you?re mom?s kid.

I'll make you an offer.....Half of the back allowance...And I promise to spend it on RV Stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom