Photo of my plate rail fix for shallow cabinets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JudyJB

Back in U.S.A. Headed to WA, OR, & Napa, CA
I have two shallow cabinets in my hallway which were advertised as pantries, but the doors kept coming open and I got tired of picking groceries off the floor after even a short drive. So, I went to a hardware store and picked up a few feet of this plate railing that is often put on top of kitchen cabinets. I stained it to match the wood trim and glued and screwed it to the floor of the cabinets and the shelves. You can still see through the railing, but the boxes and cans now stay where they are supposed to stay.

Note that I also keep flour and sugar in locking plastic canisters. Much easier than the bags the stuff came in.
plate rail.jpg

We have solid rails but sometimes a really good jolt knocks things out anyway. We've had spice bottles get jammed in our slide mechanisms more than once. We started using refrigerator spring bars across the opening.

We have solid rails but sometimes a really good jolt knocks things out anyway. We've had spice bottles get jammed in our slide mechanisms more than once. We started using refrigerator spring bars across the opening.
Those work, also. I use them in my refrigerator, but I have a habit of knocking them out of place, and they fall on my bare feet!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom