Picking up our new to us coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oshankle

Well we finally traded in the 2004 Diplomat picking up the 2013 Fleetwood Expedition tomorrow a few feet smaller in length but boy is it big with the full wall slide open. The Diplomat has been good to us just time for a little upgrades.

Well that didn't go as planned. We spent the day at the dealership and came home without our new coach. Problems pointed out during the walk through last week didn't get repaired so we wait.

Oshankle said:
Well that didn't go as planned. We spent the day at the dealership and came home without our new coach. Problems pointed out during the walk through last week didn't get repaired so we wait.

Good for you on two accounts. Getting a newer rig is exciting! And, you didn't let that excitement cloud your judgement and take the coach anyway. You will be out and about in no time.  ;)

Ok folks hoping your knowledge and experience might ease my concerns. We didn't bring the newer coach home cause we felt the mid ship AC unit was not cooling the back area of the coach. The service department called yesterday said the coach is ready for pick up and that the mid air unit was working fine but being mid ship some of the vents in the front of the coach need to be shut in order to push the air to the rear of the coach. Never having a mid air unit on a coach I'm not sure but this information doesn't set well. The mid unit is a 13500. I did a little research online and a few others also experienced this issue does this make sense.

There is truth in what they say. If, with only the mid unit running, you get good cold air out of the vents near it, then it's probably running right. It's certain that the ducts that are farther away won't have airflow as strong. It's designed so that when all are running you get good airflow everywhere, but when only one is running it primarily cools the area around its thermostat sensor. The rear A/C is for the rear.

Does the Owners Manual instruct you to close the front vents so the mid A/C will work properly? I would contact Fleetwood and ask them what they think of that statement. I suspect that unit is not working properly and the dealer does not want to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom