Pickup engines part 2, Chevy/GM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Now that I've been scared by videos plus comments here on the Ford diesels, let's look at Chevy/GM  truck engines in the 2006-2012 era, both gas and diesel. Thoughts? Thx

6.0 gas is a iron blockversion of the 6.2l in the 1/2 ton. The 6.0l is built on the the same ls block as the corvette and the chevy boat motor its bullet proof. The 6.6 duramax is juat as amazing, great motors the duramax is backed up withthe allison trans.

Although my Duramax is not really relevant to the conversation I can tell you that there is a high demand for the diesels from that time period.  On a bunch of the Duramax forums/groups I read through many members regret giving up the trucks pre emissions because they ran really strong and were reliable.  Some are even trying to sell their new trucks to get back into the earlier model years.  Not sure what years but some had injector issues.  As with most pre emissions diesels it seems like anything you can find either has 500,000 miles or they want an arm and a leg for it.  This may not be too helpful in your search but the Duramax/Allison is a great combo and they run strong. 

zebrex said:
Wow not many post. Not a lot of love for Chevy in the heavy duty arena.

I was a "Chevy man" for most of my life -until I drove a Ford.  Even with all the trouble I had on my F-250 PSD, I would still prefer Ford because most of those problems were due to the enviro system.  Not bashing, it's just that I could immediately see and feel the difference in quality and fit and finish from Chevy to Ford.  To be fair, I made that switch in 2010, so . . .

Now, except for the V10 in my coach, I have neither.  I have a Kawasaki and a VW Beetle -both are extremely high quality vehicles in every aspect.

I agree with stave the 6.0 is a great engine, at work there are still 2 2011 trucks in the fleet that have over 350000km(217000Mi) still going, personally i am on my second Duramax Allison combo would go with nothing else, only issue i ever had was transmission line couplers break in cold weather cold starts(-40).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom