Piggyback Trip Days 21-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Dear Friends,

Sorry for the long delay between posts.? On Day 22 of the trip I had some good news and some bad news.? The bad
news was that during the Beach party at Cabo San Lucas I fell and injured my right wrist.? The goods news was that
it was not broken (only badly sprained) and that I was the oldest woman left standing in the limbo contest!? How
low? can you go?? Apparently not as low as I used to be able to go.? I have now given up yet another sport as I
age..no more limbo. The contest was won by a 12 year old.? After three weeks in a brace and brushing my teeth left
handed and having had x-rays by a USA doctor I can now type well enough to report the history of the Mexican
adventure.

Day 21 to 24 Cabo San Lucas

After a short 67 mile drive along some of the most beautiful beaches Mexico has to offer, we arrive at Villa Serena
RV Park overlooking the ocean, just outside of? Cabo. It's our kind of park, a terraced parking lot with beautiful
bougainvillea in bloom and NO trees. Easy to park and a clean laundry facility.? Having spent the afternoon in the
laundry I decided I wanted a treat of dinner out at the? nearby restaurant associated with the park, offering
lobster for $9.95. The restaurant is located on the bluff and the 180 degree view was spectacular. The
entertainment? was superb as we listened to a Mexican with a guitar sing songs from Evita and Phantom of the Opera
in Spanish.? Now in Mexico they don't rush you for the check as it would be considered impolite so we listened to
music and enjoyed the company of another couple from our caravan.? What a surprise we got when our bill came to
over $50.00.? Somehow one glass of wine and one shrimp cocktail along with taxes added up.? So much for the $9.95
come on.? No matter !? The next morning Terry left very early to go fishing.? He caught Sierra's.? A guy on our
caravan offered to smoke them and it was? a featured dish on one of the many happy hours sponsored here by our
fellow caravaners. His fishing adventure cost more than advertised as well. Cabo is a cruise ship town and is known
for? "get the tourist traps."? No matter.? I purchased fresh pies from a lady who drives her car into the RV park
each afternoon, fresh lemon meringue and banana cr?me.? Friends also took us into town where we shopped at Sam's
Club.? A case of Corona's was a bargain.? We toured a glass making factory and viewed how blown glass is formed.? I
bought a vase that looks like a whales tale and 6 margarita glasses.

The highlight of Cabo San Lucas for me was the sunset dinner cruise.? This rather large ship cruised Lover's Beach
and the tip of the Baja Peninsula. As the sun began to set, a hundred or more dolphins began to jump around the
boat.? They were everywhere just playing with us.? I felt like all of god's creatures were on display.? Beautiful
pelicans flew by, the golden sun reflected and our friends were having a wonderful time as the unlimited margaritas
flowed on board. Life is good. Will rest tonight as La Paz is tomorrow and a long trip over winding roads with a
new definition of narrow.? Gotta get a grip!

Betty Brewer

Attachments

• MPCabo13 (Small).JPG
    MPCabo13 (Small).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 40
  • MPCabo14 (Small).JPG
    MPCabo14 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 38
  • MPCabo22 (Small).JPG
    MPCabo22 (Small).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 34
  • MPCabo55 (Small).JPG
    MPCabo55 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 37
Thank you so much for the final chapter Betty, and for the great photos. You sure know how to tell the story.

Limbo competition against a 12 year old? Lemme tell you a secret - the 12 year old will win  :) But I was glad to hear you weren't seriously injured and that the wrist has healed somewhat.

For those who missed the earlier chapters of your wonderful story, they're consolidated in an article on our web site. The earlier photos are slowly getting uploaded to the forum photo gallery. (The webmaster hasn't yet got his act together and uploaded all the photos, but he will soon).

Thank you again!

Thank you so much for the final chapter Betty, and for the great photos. You sure know how to tell the story.

Well the adventure is not yet over.? We are only on day 24 of a 38 day trip.? I am breaking it into parts to allow a leisure experience and to not overload our system with photos.? While I was not looking forward to this trip, it turned out to be the most memorable event I've ever experienced while RVing. I can't say enough about this Fantasy Caravan.

Betty

Oops Betty, I just re-read your post and realized it wasn't the final chapter. Sooory to jump the gun. BTW when you're all done, I'll update the article on the web site.

Thanks Betty for all your interesting articles of your trip and great pics.  Look forward to the rest of the articles and the complete story and pics of your trip at Moab.

Betty,

Nice write up and great pictures.  We look forward to seeing you two when you get back to Yuma.

What a wonderful sounding trip. My husband and I are just getting ready to buy a Class a and one of the things we want to do most is caravan into Baja. How do you find out about groups such as yours. We are very new  ;D . I would appreciate in information.

dandt said:
What a wonderful sounding trip. My husband and I are just getting ready to buy a Class a and one of the things we want to do most is caravan into Baja. How do you find out about groups such as yours. We are very new  ;D . I would appreciate in information.

Hi,
My standard Answer for finding out info is to visit an RV show.  Many of the travel caravans have booths.  We used Fantasy Caravan and there is an outfit called Tracks to Adventure.  If you just want  reservations made and no tours planned you can go with Baja Down and Back. All have web sites.
I'll look up the sites when my company goes home  early next week.
Betty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom