PINSTRIPE REMOVAL TOOL Works Great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cnh23

Hi-Just got my 3M pinstripe removal tool and had to try it out (RV conveniently stored at my place of employment). I had started stripping off the 1984 pinstriping with the heat gun and hard work, but I was getting nowhere fast. I put the tool on my drill and couldn't believe how easy it was. Took a few minutes to find the proper pressure to use but in only fifteen minutes I took off a nice area. It came off easier on the metal cab, but the fiberglass wasn't bad considering the sides are not flat-the tool easily ran up and over the edges in the high and low panels.  I see the hideous old maroon pinstriping actually stained the fiberglass, but since I am repainting I am not concerned.  I had the idea to make my husband clean the rest of the RV off, but since it really is not that difficult I will just do it myself on my lunch breaks. I am posting the before and after of the cab and fiberglass siding in the areas I did.
I highly recommend this tool (I bought it online for $35) works great and doesn't hurt the finish underneath.  I will have to see how long it will last-I have alot of decal to remove. But I'd buy as many as I need, just for the savings in time.

I'm in the beginning stages of a full remodel of an '84 Heritage-will be keeping a log and photos of the project and will post it all when I am done. Just wanted anyone else thinking of using this tool to get an opinion from someone who has used it.

Attachments

• listing ebay 012.jpg
    listing ebay 012.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 121
  • listing ebay 013.jpg
    listing ebay 013.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 91
  • listing ebay 016.jpg
    listing ebay 016.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 106
  • listing ebay 015.jpg
    listing ebay 015.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 131
I have heard this, but you would either have to have a drill with way too much RPM or just let it sit in one spot a looooong time which there would be no reason too since it pulls up the decal quickly. Though I am being careful, I am not finding this to be an issue at all.  I went out and did another section this morning and it went great. I don't know what the difference is between the 3M brand and other removers like this, maybe others are more abrasive.

Back
Top Bottom