Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldgator73

We went to a new place in town that has wood fired pizza. The pizza oven looks like the one in the restaurant we had pizza at in Naples Italy. This pizza was just as good as the one in Naples.

Larry N.

We just tried something a bit different. Open a can of Pillsbury's crescent rolls, roll them out flat (light finger pressure only, not a rolling pin) on a cookie sheet (we put parchement paper under them), pinch the perforated areas closed, then spread pizza sauce, add pepperoni and/or other toppings, to taste, smother in mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then bake in a 375º oven for 9-13 minutes 'til the crust is done and cheese is melted. Surprisingly good and just takes a few minutes to fix them.

We've also done a tad different, taking the rolls apart as if you were going to make the individual crescent rolls, then spread a little pizza sauce, place three pepperonis just slightly overlapping each other in the center, then maybe a little green pepper and/or onion, perhaps a sliced black olive, then carefully roll it up and place on the cookie sheet, and put in the oven at 375º as above for 9-13 minutes.

Good stuff either way.

cerd

I have realized that my body doesn't react well with bread, so I started making my own carnivore pizza (aka meat-zza) using turkey or pork sausage as crust. I bake it until the meat is cooked, then I top it with whatever I want and re-bake it until the cheese and veggies are melted. I think I actually prefer it over traditional pizza.

I have tried ground beef for crust and it wasn't quite as good, IMO.

Top Bottom