Planning a tour of the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stormfather

Hello everyone,

I've always wanted to travel, and I figured that since I'm single, in my late 20's, and have a job where I can work remote, now would be a perfect time. However, I've never done anything like this before, so I wanted to see what advice the RV community might have. A bit of information about my planned adventure:

My situation:
  • At the moment, it's just me and my small dog. My brother might join too, but that's dependent on him getting a job where he can work remote.
  • I have a house that I bought in 2020, no place to actually park an RV on the property.
  • My current vehicles are a motorcycle and a Honda Civic.

My plan (so far):
  • Do research over the course of this year, figuring out everything I will need. Buy an RV in the winter when demand (and hopefully, price) is lower. Spend a few weeks making adjustments, fixing whatever issues there might be, and moving into the RV. Begin traveling in early spring.
  • Use a property management company to rent my house out. Judging by rental prices for similar homes in the area, I can probably make enough to cover the mortgage, plus a couple hundred extra dollars each month.
  • Buy a motorhome or trailer (more on which one later), hopefully getting the monthly payment as low as possible, since this will be an expensive endeavor as it is, and I don't want to add additional costs while traveling.
  • Take both my car and motorcycle with me. I would take just the motorcycle, but I expect this will take many months, and I don't want to risk getting caught in weather the motorcycle can't handle. On the other hand, I also don't want to just take the car, because the motorcycle is a lot more fun, when the weather does permit
  • Work remote from a campsite throughout the week, go see the sights of wherever I am on the weekend. Do this for as many weeks as is needed to see everything I want to see in the area
My concerns:
  • The main one is figuring out exactly what the setup is going be like. So far, I have a few ideas:
  1. Buy a toyhauler motorhome, so that I can store the motorcycle in its garage, and tow my car behind it
    1. So far, I haven't been able to find many of these online
    2. Those that I have found are usually quite new (and therefore more expensive than I'd like). Is this a newer type of motorhome, and so they haven't been in production for very long? Or am I missing something?
    3. The ones I have found tend to be longer than what I would like as well. It's been recommended to me that I not get anything longer than 35 feet in length, both due to the difficulty of driving it, and the fact that it's harder to find sites that can support longer RVs. Does that seem like a reasonable limit?
  2. Buy a regular motorhome, and get a tow dolly that can carry both the motorcycle and my car
    1. I've seen some tow dollies online that would serve this purpose, but only a few
    2. I haven't seen any consistent pricing on them, when there's pricing displayed at all.
    3. I also don't know where I would go to get one, or if an online service would deliver. This is something I'll have to look more into, but any advice would be appreciated (as with everything in this post)
  3. Sell my car, buy a truck, and use that to tow a toyhauler trailer that carries the motorcycle
    1. The downside here is, of course, selling my car and not having it once my trip is over
    2. I've also noticed while looking online that the trailers generally seem to be more cramped and sparsely furnished than the motorhomes. I don't need ultimate luxury (especially since I want to keep costs down), but if I'm going to be living in it long term, I would like at least a little bit of comfort and space. Is this disparity between the two types of RV all in my head, or is that actually a trend?
#1 would be my ideal option, but given the increased price and size, along with the extreme lack of supply that I've been able to find, I'm thinking it's unlikely to be what I go with. #2 would be nice to have, especially with what seems to generally be more comfortable living, but it also comes with the difficulty of driving a motorhome, instead of a truck with a trailer. Another fact to consider is that, from what I've heard, any repairs that are needed would be much more difficult and expensive on a motorhome than on a truck. #3 seems the simplest (and cheapest) option, but it comes with the aforementioned downsides of (what seems to be) less comfortable living, and giving up my car (which I quite like, just bought brand new only a few years ago, and have completely paid off). Plus, driving long distances across the country seems like it would be far more comfortable in those big motorhome chairs than it would be in the cabin of a truck. There is also gas mileage to consider, as I know motorhomes get very low MPG.

Other concerns:
  • Safety
    • I plan on taking a gun safety class and buying a handgun
    • I would also like to get a concealed carry permit, but I need to figure out how that works going from state to state, with the varying laws each one has
  • My dog
    • Ideally, I would like to take him with me when I go out exploring and hiking. However, I know many trails don't allow dogs, so I would need to consider what to do with him in those cases. I think he should be fine if I leave him with appropriate heating/AC, but there may be some factors I haven't considered here
  • My house
    • While I do plan to rent out my house, I am not yet sure what I'll do with all my personal belongings in my house
    • I'd prefer not to pay for a storage unit, since that's yet another expense to worry about, but I definitely can't take it all with me either
    • I could probably put most of my things in storage containers and put those in the utility room or the garage, but there's no guarantee that whoever rents the house will leave them there
    • I could potentially ask a friend if they have spare space to store my things, but if not then I'm not sure what a good solution would be
  • Taxes
    • How would I file for taxes in a situation like this?
    • Would my primary residence still be my actual house, even though I'm not living there?
  • Mail
    • How would I get my mail?
    • I know there are mail forwarding services (yet another expenditure to consider), but if I'm regularly on the move, how will I know where to have it forwarded to?
    • How will I know when to have them start forwarding it to a new location?
    • These problems are compounded by the fact that I don't have a hard-set itinerary for when and where I want to be. I am currently planning on just going wherever seems interesting and staying until I've seen all I want to see
    • Are there other options besides mail forwarding that I haven't considered?
  • Internet
    • Since I will be working remotely, I will need reliable internet access at all times
    • I have looked a little bit into Starlink, and that seems to be enough to solve this problem, but it's also pretty expensive ($200/month)
    • Are there any equivalent services that might be cheaper?
  • Electricity
    • I know there are some RVs that come with a generator. If I end up getting one that does not (or maybe even if I get one that does), I am considering if it would be appropriate to get a generator myself, for emergencies or extended stays without an electrical hookup
    • Would a solar generator be better or worse than a gasoline one?
    • On the one hand, solar generators never really run out of fuel (the sun can be blocked, but even then solar generators get some power, just not as much). On the other hand, it seems you either need to run it off the battery (for however long that lasts), or else deal with a low power output while charging.
    • Gasoline generators can give consistent power, but the fuel supply is also limited

This has turned into quite the long post! I apologize to, and commend, anyone who took the time to read the whole thing. If anyone has any advice, any insight on something I might have missed, anything at all that would be helpful in my research, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You're in need of fulltimer advice, which I can't give, but as an owner of a MoHo, I can. Gasser's, one of which I own have some advantages over diesels, largely Initial cost, costs of maintenance and fuel, but not among them is suitability for a fulltimer on the move. They're largely underpowered, ie., have relatively limited towing capacity, ride like an overland stage coach on a prairie trail, and without suspension improvements are difficult to handle. Proof being the industries dedicated to gas engine modifications, ( Banks, Five Star) for improving engine performance and others (Trac Bar, Safe Steer, Liquid Springs) which are dedicated to making your gas engine RV drivable and smoothing the bone jarring ride.

Welcome to the forums! Lot of friendly and knowledgeable folks here.
We both work full time jobs remotely and began living as full time nomads in 2016. Our starter coach was a 2010 Fleetwood Pace Arrow. We rented our house out the first year just to make certain this is for us. After our first year, we didn’t renew the tenant’s lease, got the house ready to market, had some remodeling of the coach done, listed the house and got back on the road. We closed August 2017 (remote from Sundance, WY).
We generally don’t take PTO to move. We explore where we are evenings and weekends, move every 2-5 weeks, then do it again. This MO puts less miles on th odometer than one would think. (~26,500 miles in the 3.5 years we owned the Pace.) I suspect we’ll never be able to say we’ve seen everything we want.

We chose class A because of space and storage. For us, the only other option would be a 5th wheel and we didn’t want a one ton diesel dually to be our grocery getter. Towing a car 4 wheels down has been our preference. A dolly or a trailer is just another vehicle you need to park at your site.

Class A toy haulers will be easier to find as a gasser. Diesels would have to have the garage on the side instead of the back. Note that toy haulers will make the rig longer. Longer doesn’t make it harder to drive (imo), but does keep you off some roads and out of some parks. We just use the coach to get us in the area and the car to explore it. If I had to have a motorcycle with me, I would consider getting a pickup truck that can be flat towed as my toad and putting the bike in the bed. (In essence, using my toad a a trailer.) The weight of the truck/bike would exceed the max trailer weight of most gassers making a diesel pusher a better class A choice. I strongly suggest buying used, especially your first RV.

It seems you’ve done a lot of ground work thinking/planning. I’ve only addressed the first step (choosing RV). I can/will address other aspects in separate posts. I suggest you ask questions in separate posts as well to avoid confusion.

Again, welcome to the forums! Ask anything you want, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Heed the above recommendation to buy used, if new you'll likely have to return it to the dealer from whom you purchased for warranty issues and there will likely be many. Many RV dealers will not service anything they didn't sell. They're not like new cars where dealers are obligated to perform warranty work regardless of who sold the vehicle.

It's impressive that you've identified many of the key questions about getting started in fulltime RV living. Good initial research! Each of your major concerns is worthy of its own discussion thread because there are options as well as pros/cons of each. And the optimal answers to each will depend largely on your desired lifestyle & personal preferences. I'll try to hit the highlights, but I encourage you to start additional threads that are more narrowly focused.

Toyhaulers: Yes, a relatively recent RV type and also a relatively small segment of the RV market, so you won't find a lot of them on the used market. Or even new ones on the dealer sales lots. Probably a good choice for you based on your initial description, assuming your budget can handle it. A Class A or C motorhome with a combo bike carrier & tow dolly is a good alternative, but also relatively rare and pricey. There is no cheap & easy solution to what you want, so maybe you will have to sacrifice part of your wish list.

SAFETY: Probably a non-issue; RV parks and RV living are probably some of the safest things in America.

Dog: Most RVers travel with pets, but dogs are a minor hassle for the reasons you cited. Some parks have restrictions on breeds or size, and some do not allow you to leave a dog unattended. Yeah, I know your dog is totally harmless & barkless, but most campgrounds have a lot of experience with the other kind. I'm not saying you can't bring the dog, but you are going to have to put some effort into it and live with the restrictions involved.

House & Goods: I'd say store your stuff, but it's not cheap and you end up moving everything twice.

Taxes: Continue to file as usual and any legitimate address will do. The IRS doesn't care where you live as long as you have an address they can use to contact you. State taxes, however, do depend somewhat on where you declare your legal home (domicile). Since you will still own a home and probably have driver & vehicle licenses there, you are likely stuck with that state's laws and taxes.

Mail: No worries - you have your mail sent to a forwarding service and they hold it and send to you when you ask for it. If you like, some of the services will open & read mail to you, or scan it for digital access. Whatever suits your needs. You can have even USPS forward your home address mail to the forwarding service address as if that was where you were temporaily living (the better services offer valid & unique addresses.

Internet: Since you depend on it for work, you will probably want multiple options to insure good connectivity everywhere. Cellular (many RVers use more than one carrier because coverage varies greatly by locale), maybe Starlink, and campground wifi too. Yeah, it gets expensive.

Electricity: The obvious answer is to use RV parks, which mostly have electric hookups (and fresh water & sewer too). You probably have the romantic notion that you can just pull off the road anywhere and set up for a day or two. Forget it. There are plenty of places where off-grid camping is possible or even encouraged, but it's still a location you have to target and plan for. Fresh water & sewer are perhaps more an concern than electric, becasue the choices are much more limited. Generators, either onboard or portable, are handy. So is a good solar set-up (with lots of battery capacity) if you plan to be off-grid very much. You probably need both. Yet another substantial expense.

• I would also like to get a concealed carry permit, but I need to figure out how that works going from state to state, with the varying laws each one has
For that, see here. Should be checked often, because it keeps on changing rather nonstop over the years.

I have the Nevada CCW.

I always take an electric motorcycle (Zero DS with the smaller battery) on my RV trips, I just wait out the bad weather. But I stay away from areas that get caught with nonstop snow in the wintertime.

It's always worked well enough for me.

-Don- Reno, NV

Yes, you need to do at least six months of research - you will find that most of your questions have been answered many times and simple searches on most RV/ camping forums will reveal years of discussion to help things.

I'd suggest dividing your topics into manageable areas; Residency, Taxes, CCW reciprocity, insurance, etc. and learn what others have already shared with many.

Hello everyone,

I've always wanted to travel, and I figured that since I'm single, in my late 20's, and have a job where I can work remote, now would be a perfect time. However, I've never done anything like this before, so I wanted to see what advice the RV community might have. A bit of information about my planned adventure:

My situation:
  • At the moment, it's just me and my small dog. My brother might join too, but that's dependent on him getting a job where he can work remote.
  • I have a house that I bought in 2020, no place to actually park an RV on the property.
  • My current vehicles are a motorcycle and a Honda Civic.

My plan (so far):
  • Do research over the course of this year, figuring out everything I will need. Buy an RV in the winter when demand (and hopefully, price) is lower. Spend a few weeks making adjustments, fixing whatever issues there might be, and moving into the RV. Begin traveling in early spring.
  • Use a property management company to rent my house out. Judging by rental prices for similar homes in the area, I can probably make enough to cover the mortgage, plus a couple hundred extra dollars each month.
  • Buy a motorhome or trailer (more on which one later), hopefully getting the monthly payment as low as possible, since this will be an expensive endeavor as it is, and I don't want to add additional costs while traveling.
  • Take both my car and motorcycle with me. I would take just the motorcycle, but I expect this will take many months, and I don't want to risk getting caught in weather the motorcycle can't handle. On the other hand, I also don't want to just take the car, because the motorcycle is a lot more fun, when the weather does permit
  • Work remote from a campsite throughout the week, go see the sights of wherever I am on the weekend. Do this for as many weeks as is needed to see everything I want to see in the area
My concerns:
  • The main one is figuring out exactly what the setup is going be like. So far, I have a few ideas:
  1. Buy a toyhauler motorhome, so that I can store the motorcycle in its garage, and tow my car behind it
    1. So far, I haven't been able to find many of these online
    2. Those that I have found are usually quite new (and therefore more expensive than I'd like). Is this a newer type of motorhome, and so they haven't been in production for very long? Or am I missing something?
    3. The ones I have found tend to be longer than what I would like as well. It's been recommended to me that I not get anything longer than 35 feet in length, both due to the difficulty of driving it, and the fact that it's harder to find sites that can support longer RVs. Does that seem like a reasonable limit?
  2. Buy a regular motorhome, and get a tow dolly that can carry both the motorcycle and my car
    1. I've seen some tow dollies online that would serve this purpose, but only a few
    2. I haven't seen any consistent pricing on them, when there's pricing displayed at all.
    3. I also don't know where I would go to get one, or if an online service would deliver. This is something I'll have to look more into, but any advice would be appreciated (as with everything in this post)
  3. Sell my car, buy a truck, and use that to tow a toyhauler trailer that carries the motorcycle
    1. The downside here is, of course, selling my car and not having it once my trip is over
    2. I've also noticed while looking online that the trailers generally seem to be more cramped and sparsely furnished than the motorhomes. I don't need ultimate luxury (especially since I want to keep costs down), but if I'm going to be living in it long term, I would like at least a little bit of comfort and space. Is this disparity between the two types of RV all in my head, or is that actually a trend?
#1 would be my ideal option, but given the increased price and size, along with the extreme lack of supply that I've been able to find, I'm thinking it's unlikely to be what I go with. #2 would be nice to have, especially with what seems to generally be more comfortable living, but it also comes with the difficulty of driving a motorhome, instead of a truck with a trailer. Another fact to consider is that, from what I've heard, any repairs that are needed would be much more difficult and expensive on a motorhome than on a truck. #3 seems the simplest (and cheapest) option, but it comes with the aforementioned downsides of (what seems to be) less comfortable living, and giving up my car (which I quite like, just bought brand new only a few years ago, and have completely paid off). Plus, driving long distances across the country seems like it would be far more comfortable in those big motorhome chairs than it would be in the cabin of a truck. There is also gas mileage to consider, as I know motorhomes get very low MPG.

Other concerns:
  • Safety
  • My dog
    • Ideally, I would like to take him with me when I go out exploring and hiking. However, I know many trails don't allow dogs, so I would need to consider what to do with him in those cases. I think he should be fine if I leave him with appropriate heating/AC, but there may be some factors I haven't considered here
  • My house
    • While I do plan to rent out my house, I am not yet sure what I'll do with all my personal belongings in my house
    • I'd prefer not to pay for a storage unit, since that's yet another expense to worry about, but I definitely can't take it all with me either
    • I could probably put most of my things in storage containers and put those in the utility room or the garage, but there's no guarantee that whoever rents the house will leave them there
    • I could potentially ask a friend if they have spare space to store my things, but if not then I'm not sure what a good solution would be
  • Taxes
    • How would I file for taxes in a situation like this?
    • Would my primary residence still be my actual house, even though I'm not living there?
  • Mail
    • How would I get my mail?
    • I know there are mail forwarding services (yet another expenditure to consider), but if I'm regularly on the move, how will I know where to have it forwarded to?
    • How will I know when to have them start forwarding it to a new location?
    • These problems are compounded by the fact that I don't have a hard-set itinerary for when and where I want to be. I am currently planning on just going wherever seems interesting and staying until I've seen all I want to see
    • Are there other options besides mail forwarding that I haven't considered?
  • Internet
    • Since I will be working remotely, I will need reliable internet access at all times
    • I have looked a little bit into Starlink, and that seems to be enough to solve this problem, but it's also pretty expensive ($200/month)
    • Are there any equivalent services that might be cheaper?
  • Electricity
    • I know there are some RVs that come with a generator. If I end up getting one that does not (or maybe even if I get one that does), I am considering if it would be appropriate to get a generator myself, for emergencies or extended stays without an electrical hookup
    • Would a solar generator be better or worse than a gasoline one?
    • On the one hand, solar generators never really run out of fuel (the sun can be blocked, but even then solar generators get some power, just not as much). On the other hand, it seems you either need to run it off the battery (for however long that lasts), or else deal with a low power output while charging.
    • Gasoline generators can give consistent power, but the fuel supply is also limited

This has turned into quite the long post! I apologize to, and commend, anyone who took the time to read the whole thing. If anyone has any advice, any insight on something I might have missed, anything at all that would be helpful in my research, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am in the same process/same questions...joined just to follow the answers you get :)

I'm sorry to have to inform you that you can't just aimlessly wander around the country without a goal.

We set out about 20 years ago with a goal to see every Presidential Library in the country.

In the process we managed to hit all the lower 48 states, imagine that!

Pick something you like and go for it.

We also visit Cracker Barrels and Smashburger restaurants all over the country. I knew of people who have gone to see a baseball game in every major league stadium.

You can find many answers to some of your topics already being addressed in a number of threads, and you can start a new thread for any topic you want to dive into deeper.
Welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that you can't just aimlessly wander around the country without a goal.

We set out about 20 years ago with a goal to see every Presidential Library in the country.

In the process we managed to hit all the lower 48 states, imagine that!

Pick something you like and go for it.

We also visit Cracker Barrels and Smashburger restaurants all over the country. I knew of people who have gone to see a baseball game in every major league stadium.
I like the tour talked about in this article. It's a tour of the US trying to keep a perfect 70 degree temperature every day.

I am in a similar boat as you, but two dogs and no car. You need to advise on your budget.
What size motorcycle? I am looking at a Coachmen 22XG, I think a smaller 250cc bike would fit inside with the murphy bed up plus it can tow 5,000 lbs, so pull your civic behind.:

1679659130956.png

For internet I would get an unlimited plan from one carrier and a jetpack or equivalent from another carrier. That should be enough and be about $100 a month.

I would get a waggle or equivalent for when you leave the dog.

I would replace the locks on the RV, they seem awfully flimsy.

Get an RV with a generator and add solar to roof.

Welcome! What a well-thought-out plan.

Regarding class A toy haulers, there are only a couple of models out there to choose from greatly limiting your options. Don't be worried about size being over 35' because the only time that becomes an issue is staying in some national parks. There are some state parks like many in Florida that will state a maximum RV size of 30 feet, but then you read the site specs and the parking pad is 65' long! There are some occasions size limits are more limited to the roads with sharp and narrow turns being more of an issue than the campsite itself.

With your small Honda Civic, I think you would be better off with a trailer to pull behind a class A big enough for your bike and car to fit. An added bonus this way is you can back up if need be or a wrong turn is made, but the downside is having to store the trailer at each place you stay at.

Don't fret about a Ford V10 (probably) gas RV. Do they ride more truck-like than a car, yep? Are they as bad as some comments make them out to be, absolutely not! Do you need to spend thousands of dollars on expensive suspension upgrades? Only if you have money to throw away. The two best things I did with either of my two gas class A's was an alignment at $500, and the "free" Cheap Handling Fix", check out iRV2 Forum and enter that into the search for a great explanation of a do-it-yourself one-hour suspension change only requiring household wrenches.

With your small Honda Civic, I think you would be better off with a trailer to pull behind a class A big enough for your bike and car to fit. An added bonus this way is you can back up if need be or a wrong turn is made, but the downside is having to store the trailer at each place you stay at.
Few, if any, gas-engine Class A's will have the towing capacity to handle a trailer with a car & a bike.

That is news to me.

RVers can be travelers and / or tourists.

I am a little of both.

The difference is:

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist see what he has come to see."
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

-Don- Auburn, CA

Inasmuch as I prefer to travel in a class A, when you're far from home and something goes south mechanically you're going to find it a lot easier to get service on a pickup truck and a trailer than a motorhome. No matter how mechanically skilled you may be, there's only so many tools and parts you can carry with you. Even a contemporary chassis like the Ford F53 has limited repair venues - many dealers won't work on them and those that do may have waiting lists weeks long. When you're on the road for an extended time, issues that might have been delayed for when you get home during short trips tend to rise on the priority list. Even simple service like oil changes become a logistical exercise when traveling in a remote or unfamiliar area. I don't see much of a distinction in your case between buying a toy hauler RV vs a truck/toyhauler trailer, either one is an expensive proposition.

I have yet to set up to haul a toad (thought it's weighing on me). A number of times now we've arrived at a given destination and rented a car for a few days. Not "cheap" but very flexible in terms of when and where you decide to do that. Maybe with something like this in mind you could just tow the motorcycle in a small utility trailer, which can also hold some additional "household necessities" you might not have otherwise had the room or payload to take with you.

Power - have a good idea what your power budget is when off grid. Some folks can get by very modestly, some have every home office gadget there is and they're all running. It can be done as simply as using a kill-a-watt meter on your current home setup and monitoring it for a while. Then maybe decide what devices can be shed, or more conservatively used. Knowing a reasonably accurate number will greatly help in deciding how much battery, how much panel or what genset you would want. As a hint, solar is only a solution when there are no other solutions. It's great when it works, but after a couple cloudy days you will be looking for an outlet or will be running a genset, so don't bank on solar if your livelihood depends on it. From personal experience, the only need for a >2kW generator is to run A/C. A modest 1-2kW inverter genset easily runs all the junk in my RV and tops off the batteries. They're easier on the ears and use modest fuel. If riding through periods of clouds and location induced quiet times is a priority, then you're probably looking at a set of lithium batteries ($) to maximize recharge opportunities.

I can't speak to all states/municipalities but you don't need a CC permit to have a firearm in the RV with you. For the instances that might be an exception to that I quote my buddy Frank the ex-con - I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Seems to me, going through the CC process adds a lot of complication, expense and trouble to what is in my view a non problem. I view this about the same as I do fire extinguishers, it's safety equipment you want to have but it's just a small part of the overall logistics.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Thanks for all the friendly and informative replies! I will definitely be making more focused posts as I do more research on specific topics.

Usually when a comparison is made between a pull behind, i.e. trailer or 5th wheel vs. motorhome the thought of breakdown of the engine/chassis combo, whether gas or diesel is brought up. However, the Ford V10 gas RV engine has been around for a long time. They don't break down like your engines in the past with carburetors, points and condensers, and the like, certainly, no more than any Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota pick-ups might. And if a problem did crop up virtually any decent mechanic can work on the V10 with cheap parts available at any auto parts store. With a Cummins diesel, there may be some more difficulty sourcing service and parts, but my guess is that would only be in some of the desert regions of the U.S. Southwest where gas/fuel stations might be 100 miles apart.

Now if something on the house part of the RV breaks which is much more likely, then that can be more of a PINA since that is your living arrangement too. Plus if the work needs to be done by an RV dealer, well good luck with that.

That is news to me.

RVers can be travelers and / or tourists.

I am a little of both.

The difference is:

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist see what he has come to see."
-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

-Don- Auburn, CA
I think that was humor. Though Mrs probably disagrees with it.
I say, "Let's go for a ride."
She says, "Where to?"
I, "I dunno. Let's just go for a ride."
"Where to?" says she.
"I was just thinking about going down the road, and seeing what we find."
She wants a game plan. How long, where to, and when we going to get back?
[sigh]
Sometimes planning spoils the trip.

Back
Top Bottom