Planning to RV Full-Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

May2015

HI I am a stay at home mom of a 4 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. This year I have jumped into a minimalist lifestyle, and that has led me to seriously consider full-time RVing. My dream has always been to travel the whole country, so why not DO it! Over the next two years, or maybe less, we are going to pay off our debt, buy a used fifth wheel and truck, and take off! I can't wait...now I just need ya'll to teach me everything you know. I have ALOT to learn.

Welcome to the Forum, May!

You have a very unique opportunity to educate yourself and your children in a very major way! Good luck on laying out your plan and executing on it.

Since there are so many different approaches, spend some time roaming the different threads and library resources. You'll soon get a good taste of how others handle it and there's always someone here with answer or opinion when you need them.

We have full timed for coming up on three years and there's no substitute in our minds for the opportunities at hand in this lifestyle.

Enjoy!

It sounds like you have a great plan. I have been full timing for 10 years now and I love the freedom of traveling all over the country. In the forum Library is an article I wrote you might be interested in reading. It is called "Full timing 101". It is not an article telling you how to full time, it is about what you need to know and do before you begin full timing.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=435:fulltimeprep&catid=29:fulltiming&Itemid=45

While you are in the Library feel free to look around, there are many great articles there. And don't be shy about asking questions.

Thank you :) I've already learned so much in the hour that I've been reading the threads. I do plan to home school my kids, and I smile when I think about how they will learn "Geography." I currently make money from babysitting for a family during the week and my husband is a disabled veteran. Over the next 1-2 year(s), I plan to save up as much cash as possible and sell our possessions. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and my husband is working on an Associate's Degree (in possibly forestry). I do worry that we will eventually run out of money on the road, but we run out of money sitting at home too. I am realistic about problems that will arise, but I'm hoping to find a better and simpler way of life. A life away from facebook, texting and consumerism. I want my kids to experience nature and the sunshine, which is what many American children are deprived of in this technology driven country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weat1220
Back
Top Bottom