Planning trip to Washington D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jorboy

Good Morning fellow rvers. We are planning a trip from Michigan to Washington D.C. next spring and was wondering if anyone can recommend campgrounds around the D. C. area. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to DC next spring also. I have decided on Cosca Regional Park. It is $13 a night for full hookups for seniors. It is close to a bus line into DC.

http://www.pgparks.com/Things_To_Do/Nature/Cosca_Regional_Park.htm

When we visited DC we stayed at Fairfax Lake Park, Reston, VA.  Nice county park with large sites.  About 10 minutes from a metro station.

Or, if you want a commercial campground, many of us have stayed at the Cherry Hill Park in College Park MD.

ArdraF

Or there's Greenbelt Park, Maryland.  I've never been there, but it's a National Park Service park and the DC subway is not far off.

We passed through DC coming home from Florida to Boston two years ago. We went into the city for one of those double-decker bus tours and parked inside Union station. It was a very cool experience. They parked us inside Union Station right along with all the commercial buses coming and going. I don't remember it costing much either. I was thinking you could boondock right inside Union station and who would know the difference if you were in there sleeping. They also had the biggest food court I had ever seen. The bus tour of the city was also fun. I remember my folks took us to DC when we were kids when John Kennedy was president.

Hi jorboy

We stayed twice at Cherry Hill. We liked it as they had a lot of maps/info & etc., plus small group talks informing new tourists of things "to-do" and "not to do" so you won't have any surprises on you outings into the city. Also local buses stop there and take you a few miles to DC's fantastic subway system in the College Park area. A 10-15 minute ride in and you pop up in the middle of the city-perfect! Enjoy your trip and plan on a good bit of walking.

Gene

PS: The Dept. of Agriculture has a cafeteria style public eating area that is really good...

Back
Top Bottom