Please help me Choose the right one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which diesel pusher should I get?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blueskiesbill

We were originally going to buy gas and new.  Have now decided to go used and diesel.  I like both of these fairly equally.  I am leaning towards the Berkshire a little though.  Please help in my choosing!  Thanks!

I pulled up the floorplans online.  Looks like basically the same thing to me.  Both have a limited amount of kitchen counter space, but otherwise to me look like a great floor plan.  I think for me it would come down to subtle things like fit/finish/color/feel etc... and more importantly the condition as SeilerBird mentions...and the price.

I didn't look up the lengths, but based on the model number...38 might be ever so slightly more versatile than 40...site availability, storage lots, etc...  but I can't imagine it would be by much if even...
and Tiffin seems to maybe have a better reputation, but also probably not a big difference in reality.

My suggestion - Go with the Berkshire, apparently your gut feel is pointing you in that direction.

I am definitely leaning towards the Berk because of the less usage.  I also prefer the cockpit too.  But tiffin does seem to have a better company reputation then forest river.  Ugh!

Blueskiesbill said:
I am definitely leaning towards the Berk because of the less usage.  I also prefer the cockpit too.  But tiffin does seem to have a better company reputation then forest river.  Ugh!
You are not buying something new from the factory. You are buying something used and condition is way more important than the badge IMHO.

Basically two things: She must be happy with your choice, and since we can't really choose for you, I think going with the one you're leaning towards would be best, UNLESS it has more/worse problems than the other one. As Tom says, condition is extremely important.

The wife has  trusted me with this decision. That?s why am freaking out over making this decision. I love the lack of usage of the Berkshire, but can also appreciate the company backing of Tiffin. We are looking at both of these because we find that Their space adequately fit our daughters and their wheelchairs.

Blueskiesbill said:
The wife has  trusted me with this decision.

Sounds like a set-up.  ;D ;D ;D  Good luck with your decision, check them both out, follow your gut.

SpencerPJ said:
Sounds like a set-up.  ;D ;D ;D  Good luck with your decision, check them both out, follow your gut.

;D ;D ;D all of her ?must haves? are in both of them.  So I have chosen wisely getting to this point.  Now I must choose between the two. 

How much "company backing" do you expect on a used RV?  Follow Seilorbirds advice and get them inspected.  If both are in good shape,go with the Berk. 

I truly wish their genetic disorder allowed them the cognition to be able to help daddy make a decision? It might actually make this decision easier!

Blueskiesbill said:
I truly wish their genetic disorder allowed them the cognition to be able to help daddy make a decision? It might actually make this decision easier!
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Must be hard at times for you. I hope they enjoy whichever one you choose.....

Update: If the Berkshire you were looking at had 7 cabinets that were pulling apart at the corner seam, back window door that wouldn?t shut, wardrobe drawer that doesn?t shut, kick panel underneath couch won?t lock into place, kitchen slide is very extra (the slide goes up and down a lot and kinda like drops, and makes a funny noise), and finally when I turned engine on the check engine light was on, and two warnings: low oil and low coolant.  I don?t know much about diesels but I know those last two are no bueno.  He said engine and slide still under warranty, but still makes me worried.  It only has 7k miles on it and the owner said it hasn?t been used in 1.5 years. 

If check engine light is on and it is still under warranty, WHY has it not been to shop to be repaired? Something strange about only 7k miles and not used for 1 1/2 years.

Back
Top Bottom