please help me identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermanotorious

I scored this adorable trailer for only $200! It's been totally gutted. Any idea year, make, model? Those windows are pretty unique

Attachments

• IMG_7288.jpg
    IMG_7288.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7279.JPG
    IMG_7279.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 93
Don't know what it is but it looks like the perfect starting point for a remodel.  Body appears to be in relatively good condition.

Have fun!

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AJZK_enUS802US802&biw=1432&bih=714&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=RhU1XMmvCoaj1fAPrpScwAI&q=zieman+travel+trailer&oq=zieman+travel+trailer&gs_l=img.3...23269.24749..25551...0.0..0.88.570.7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.KYmSBhwvml4#imgrc=KzVYZGgAT9hViM:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AJZK_enUS802US802&biw=1432&bih=714&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=RhU1XMmvCoaj1fAPrpScwAI&q=zieman+travel+trailer&oq=zieman+travel+trailer&gs_l=img.3..35i39.5107.5824..6135...0.0..0.88.571.7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.pHxoXNg6Nzk#imgrc=GLlPlPQS91NVbM:

Zieman is lippert now I think.

It is very cute and it will be a great project !

Did you mean to say they paid you to take it?  :eek: ::) :-[ :-X :-\ :'( ;D
Just kidding. Should be a nice project. I'll bet the windows are originals.

Rene play nice.... ;D

Congrats on the new project...That should keep you busy for a while.

It looks alot like an old Shasta that we had back in the 80s. By old, I mean, it was from the 60s. It had the same windows if I remember right.

I love all the glass. 

Great, fun project.  A friend bought something similar for his daughter and her jeep, a tad smaller.  They are having fun making a cool retro trailer for her.  (sure seems he is doing most of the work though, lol)

Keep us posted on your progress  :))

i'm totally torn here, i've always wanted to build one, i picked this one up with a quick flip in mind for a few $100, i love the aluminum roof and the potential this thing has, if you know anything about me (if you dont just read my posts) you know i can do anything with this trailer all by myself so the ideas are overwhelming, but i do have a nice toy hauler, no real need for a second, either way, i'd love to know more about this one, maybe see the original floor plan

Yes I googled all of it, spoke with Zieman Lippert today, all they could say is they made the chassis, not the trailer, I found the holes where the original model and info was mounted to the body but its long gone, Zieman could not tell me what year it was made in

jackiemac said:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AJZK_enUS802US802&biw=1432&bih=714&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=RhU1XMmvCoaj1fAPrpScwAI&q=zieman+travel+trailer&oq=zieman+travel+trailer&gs_l=img.3...23269.24749..25551...0.0..0.88.570.7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.KYmSBhwvml4#imgrc=KzVYZGgAT9hViM:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AJZK_enUS802US802&biw=1432&bih=714&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=RhU1XMmvCoaj1fAPrpScwAI&q=zieman+travel+trailer&oq=zieman+travel+trailer&gs_l=img.3..35i39.5107.5824..6135...0.0..0.88.571.7......1....1..gws-wiz-img.pHxoXNg6Nzk#imgrc=GLlPlPQS91NVbM:

Zieman is lippert now I think.

It is very cute and it will be a great project !

Are there gas lines or water lines or drain holes anywhere that might indicate where things were?

there is a vent on the roof where i believe the refrig was, looks like most of the interior paneling has been replaced (and needs replaced again), one thing to note if it helps- the entry door is essentially a suicide door when thinking automotive, it opens left hand, is that unique to any manufacturers?

LOL, I came across that one too using suicide door as a search term, who the hell knows why though, that rig does not have a "suicide door"

I know, right? There were a couple of old holiday ramblers on there though that had them. But they didnt look anything like yours. Im wondering if the door was a custom job, or a "There I fixed it" thing.

I can check for old holes to see if it was done that way, here is a pic of that side though

Attachments

• IMG_7276.JPG
    IMG_7276.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 45
What's that thing on the back wall?  It looks pretty distincitive, if it's stock a rear end view may help identfying the trailer.

the back looks like a custom ramp door, I don't think this was an option back then

and yeah, i reckon if you cant weld, cant out negotiate the devil, dont know where to find reclaimed RV parts, and aren't handy with your tools, this would be a money pit

Attachments

• IMG_7277.JPG
    IMG_7277.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7278.JPG
    IMG_7278.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom