Please help...power jack issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kfloamy

two week old trailer...Starcraft Autumn Ridge 26BH...has been sitting in my driveway unplugged for two weeks and lights and power jack have been operational.  On Sunday I went to move it to a storage unit, used the power jack to lower the trailer on to my hitch, then the jack stopped working.  It raised all the way up and I'm wondering if I raised it too far and this caused something to shut the power off (fuse? breaker? although I checked the breakers and nothing looks flipped).  I thought maybe it was a dead battery so I plugged the camper in for over 24 hours and nothing changed.  When the camper is plugged in the lights and power jack work fine.  Also, when they trailer is plugged in to my two vehicle nothing works...no interior lights...no jack.  Shouldn't those run off of my tow vehicle when they are connected?  Dealer thought it was battery and gave me a new one...but that didn't do anything, and wouldn't explain the two vehicle not powering things.

Any thoughts or advice on things I can check are appreciated.  If there's an easy fix I can figure out without having to tow this thing back to the dealership that would be awesome.  If you have advice, please say it like I'm an idiot because when it comes to mechanical/electrical things I pretty much am.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like the breaker from the battery positive has tripped. Start at the battery positive terminal, and touch the cable with your hand. Keep your hand on the cable and trace it away from the battery until you reach the breaker. The breaker is a small rectangular box, about 1x1x1/2", with two wire terminals on it. There have been at least two people here in the last 6 months that swear there wasn't a breaker on the positive cable until they looked one more time. Each had one, and that was their problem. One did find the breaker in a junction box on the tongue though.

Problem solved!  As I traced the wire I ran across a fuse mounted Next to what appears to be the breaker based on your description.  The fuse was blown.  Up and running again!  Thanks!!

I would like to extend a THANK YOU to the original poster for returning with the "SOLVED" post and a report as to what the problem was.

Sadly.. Often we give a list of possible issues and never herar from ther OP as to the resolution.

It is very nice to hear back when the issue is resolved.

John From Detroit said:
I would like to extend a THANK YOU to the original poster for returning with the "SOLVED" post and a report as to what the problem was.

Sadly.. Often we give a list of possible issues and never herar from ther OP as to the resolution.

It is very nice to hear back when the issue is resolved.

X's 2 ...It helps others down the road when they find the solution.

Back
Top Bottom