Please help to pick my first RV ? My options are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtruong

Hello, I?m new to the RV arena and have read lots of posts here.  I?d appreciate if you all can help me to pick my first RV base on the criteria below.
1. Need to be able to sleep 8 (4 adults and 4 little children).
2. Prefer under 30 feet.  Ok, may be 31? but that?s it.
3. $40K-60K is all I can afford.
4. Can be new or used but must be under 10K miles
5. Prefer class A but if it costs more, then I should stick with Class C?
6. What brand I should look for and what to avoid.
7.            What is a good deal on a new RV?  30-35% off MSRP for left over last year's model?

I found a local dealer that has a few class C 2006 left of the Fleetwood Jamboree/Tioga(30?) and a Winne Outlook(29?).  Both are about the same price and similar floor plan and meet my criteria above.  Which one I should pick?  If neither, then what would be my options?  Thanks in advance!!

Sounds to me that given your sleeping requirements you need a bunk house travel trailer. A Class A will not sleep that many with any comfort, a Class C would be too cramped for that many people. If you go for a trailer you will need a good size truck or van. This is just my opinion.

Nelson

I tend to agree with Nelson, however if you where to look and some 38 and up class A's  you will find a coach with dinnette sleeper and 2 couches that open up   .   We have a 98 37' Pace Arrow with 1 slide and via use of the dinette and 1 couch ,plus 2 air mattresses, We'e managed to sleep6 adults and 6 kids for a couple of nights.  It was bad weather and certainly wouldn't allow kids to camp under the stars of Texas during a BMX bicycle race.   Not Idea but it worked.  One reason the A would be superior to the 5ver or TT is the riding arrangements.  How are you going to ride in 1 vehicle, it takes 2  caise you sure can't rid in the trailer,  no matter how small the kiddos are.  Also if needed they could use the potty in the
Class A while moving.  Kids can be entertained with videos and games on the TVs  also.  Been there done that many times.  Good luck in what you decide.

Trailer is not an option for me.  The Class C 29' Winne Outlook can accommdate 8 as well as the Jamboree 30'.  The smallest class A I found was the Surf Side from National RV and the NewMar Cayon Star but those are 34' and in the 100K.  If anyone know of a class A that is under 30', please let me know.

I don't know the answer to your question.  However, I would make sure there enough seat belts for everyone while you are on the road.

I'd go sit in the motorhomes you have in mind with 7 other people and see if you think they will work for a group that size. It's not just a matter of sleeping space, you need enough places and seatbelts for everyone while traveling and places for people to sit in comfort while you're camped. Trying out various motorhomes will help you find the one that will work for you.

The smallest class A I found was the Surf Side from National RV and the NewMar Cayon Star but those are 34' and in the 100K.  If anyone know of a class A that is under 30', please let me know.

You haven't been looking very hard - there are several of them. However, dealers generally don't order them on spec to have on their sales lots - market is too limited. You have to look on the manufacturer web sites or get an all-models brochure from them.  Here are some:

Fleetwood Terra
R-Vision Trail Lite
Winnebago Sightseer
R-Vision Trail Aire
Itasca Sunova
Fleetwood Fiesta
National Surfside

If you are willing to consider 30 footers as well, the list almost doubles.

Class A's however, are just beginning to be offered with designs intended for families. Up til now they mostly were designed for two people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom