Please Recommend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmheiser

Hi, I am new to this forum and want some advice based upon your experiences.  I am an experienced puller - I pulled a 38' gooseneck horse trailer for years.  I already have an F-350 and am looking to purchase a 5th wheel trailer to live in full-time for a few years.  It needs to have 2 to 3 slide-outs and be suitable for cold and hot climates.  Can you recommend brands, models to look at and those to avoid?  Thank you for your help.

Hi, I don't have any real advice about what kind, but we lived in our trailer while we built our house, so make sure you are comfortable with the bathroom layout and if you are going to full time it, make sure you have enough storage.  We had lots of fun and were very comfortable.  Take your time.  Good Luck!

You will want a quality brand to full time in - the "vacation" models simply won't hold up under every day use.  There are quite a few to choose from and to some extent it depends on your personal standards for amenities and, of course, your budget.  Fulltimers often choose models from Teton, Alfa, , Travel Supreme, New Horizons, Hitchiker, Carriage, Alpenlite or King of the Road, to name just a few.  Titanium and Golden Falcon are also developing a following.  These aren't the only good fulltimer brands, but they are a good place to start looking.

Canadian built Rvs have a good reputation for cold weather use and also for quality of the cabinetry.

Wow, man, that Titanium is a pretty nice setup.  And they are extremely lightweight for the size of them.  That may just be the ticket for my F-250 5.4L...someday.  If you go to the main website, it shows all the floorplans and options.  Nicey nice!

http://www.glendalerv.com/

We live in our 38 ft Teton triple slide, we have lived in it for 7 yeras and love it. It is so important to get a well made 5th wheel. We had another brand that was suppose to be a full timers unit, unfortuantly we got a lemon. When we got our Teton, it felt like a home. we have two furances, and a extra large bedroom slide, that has a extra closet. YOU WILL NEED LOTS OF STORAGE. we did have to buy a 2000 ford 450, cuz our rv weighs 19 thousand pounds. we have looked at the new tetons they are lighter and can be pulled with a lighter truck. BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD YOU WON'T REGRET IT

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom