Please Remember Bob and Bev Maxwell in prayer and thought.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That they found it .... Good

That they think it will take only short bursts of radiation  Good

That it's cancer... Not so good... But today it's treatable.  Not all that long ago.. That would not have been the case.

She will be in our prayers

Thanks for the report Bob. Bev is one special lady, and will get through this, with a combination of her will and someone upstairs who's routing for her.

Bob, hugs to you and Bev. You'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Wendy and Mike
Quartzsite

Our prayers are with you and Bev.  Hopefully the radiation will be successful.

Subject: Bev's Schedule

I had 3 appointments this week and so it's time for an update and some kind of look ahead at what's happening so we all know what to expect:

This Monday, Radiology puts a BB on my back and takes pictures so they know where to target. Then starting the last week in February, I will be undergoing 14 days of radiation to get rid of the spine tumor.  That only happens on "work days" for almost 3 weeks, but is a very short process and will allow me to go back to work after each treatment. After that, they will inject "bone cement" in my spine to fill in the hole left by the tumor and fill any cracks I might have in any other vertebrae. The radiation should take care of the "sciatica like symptoms" that are causing me to have to walk with a cane; and if that doesn't do it, the cement should finish the job.  So I expect to be pain free by the end of March or beginning of April. I also will be getting the strongest nausea pill made and they don't expect any other side effects since the time of treatment is so short.

In the meantime, my oncologist is consulting with a new breast cancer doctor at the Cancer Center who is up on all the latest.  She will be taking a look at what medication to switch me to, since what I am on has obviously quit working, and possibly recommend surgery (that's just guessing.)

Since I'm working abbreviated hours at the Faith Alive office (and some from home everyday), Bob has volunteered to do more than just keep the computers running.  He will be packing orders, making copies and putting together the necessary packages that we send to churches before the Weekends.  (gotta keep him out of trouble some way!)  This also allows Rebecca to get done what she needs to without everybody going slightly bonkers in the process!

As Tom says, "There is such a hedge of protection around this ministry...!"

Love you all and will keep you updated as things go along.

Blessings,
Bev

Thanks for the update Bob. One step at a time. We're believers in radiation treatment, and Chris has the tattoo targets all over her body as souvenirs from 25 years ago.

You have a special lady there, and she has a wonderful guy supporting her every step of the way.

Thanks for the update, Bob & Bev. As you have no doubt heard, Nancy will soon be starting chem & radiation treatments too, so we have more than a passing interest in your progress .

Bev,

It's so good to hear from you!  We'll be thinking of you every day.

ArdraF and JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom