pleasure way plateau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paula kaye

HI, my name is Paula and this is my first posting on this site.  I really need some advice to see if we are doing the right thing.
My husband and I like the room in the Pleasure Way Plateau.  We do not want to pay full price.  We found a 2005.  We heard that it can only hold
400 pounds and that includes passengers.  It is a 2500 on a sprinter chassis with mercedez engine.  Does anyone out there have this year and
model.  Is that true?  Thank you

camperAL

Hi Paula and welcome to this great forum,

The best way to determain the amount a RV can hold is to look at the weight that is printed on the sticker of the van that show the empty weight and the gross amount the van can hold. Having done a lot of research on sprinter vans, usually there is about 1400 lbs CCC (cargo carrying capacity) on a 2500 sprinter van frame. You have to include things that have been added to the van, people, LP gas, fuel, water and things you take with you.

One thing I have heard the real experts say on here is to weight your unit with all the items you want to take with you. Then subtract this weight from the gross carrying capacity to find out if you are with in limits. I would suggest not to be much over the max limits or it could cause you problems. Perhaps you can have them weigh the unit (while you watch) and that can be subtracted from the gross weight and that will give you a true idea of the remaining capacity.

I'll let the others on here that are more experience than I chime in so you have the best information. Also check out the Library for topics like this one. Best!

paula kaye

Thanks for the weight info.  I have another question.  I am picking up the used Pleasure Way Plateau in Chandler AZ.  I would like to have a mechanic who is familiar with this vehicle check it out for us.  Does anyone out there know of a good mechanic or place to take the Pleasure Way before we purchase it?

camperAL

Hi Paula,

I went to the pleasure way website and used the zip code from Chandler, AZ and it gave me three dealers in the Tempe, AZ/ Tucson, AZ region. I assume that I can post those here but caution that this isn't an attempt at a commercial post. Hopefully it doesn't violate policy on the forum. Here are the zipcodes that have dealers for that area if my post gets edited: 85213, 86327, 85714

McMAHONS RV - ARIZONA
2260 East Main Street, Mesa, Arizona, 85213
Phone: (480) 835-2095

Galpin Ford and RV
920 S Highway 69, Dewey, Arizona, 86327
Phone: 1-888-445-3317

Lazydays - Tucson
3200 East Irvington Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85714
Phone: 1-800-306-1936

I think it would be a good idea to have someone knowledgeable to check out your unit. Best and good luck.

Top Bottom