polish for corian worksurface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian H

Is there a polish for corian worksurfaces on the market? ours are showing signs of use ie slight scratching.
We would like to bring them back to showroom condition!

Ian

Click here for DuPont's recomendations for renewing the finish on their Corian.

Tom,

Thanks for that url.? I downloaded the Adobe version for future use by Betty.? By the way, when I clicked on the "Download a pdf version of this file" I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to update my Adobe reader from version 6 to version 7.? It seems that I remember reading/hearing that others were less than ecstatic with the newer version?? Opinion ???? One other question: is there a way to add things like url or pdf to the spell checker?

Version 7 of the Adobe Reader is much faster than the version 6.

Don

I see Ned has responded to the Acrobat Reader question.

is there a way to add things like url or pdf to the spell checker?

Since the spell checker is a 3rd party package installed by the hosting company, I doubt I can influence the content. But I'll go find out.

Ian H said:
Is there a polish for corian worksurfaces on the market? ours are showing signs of use ie slight scratching.
We would like to bring them back to showroom condition!

We use DriWash n Guard polish on our corian to polish.  Does a great job.

Ron

It sounds like Ian needs to be able to buff the surface and remove material in order to remove scratches.

Tom said:
Ron

It sounds like Ian needs to be able to buff the surface and remove material in order to remove scratches.

For scratches not removed with the polish we use another DriWash product called oxygone.  This will remove minor scratches.  Oxygone is intended to remove oxidation from autos.

Ron

Accoridng to their web site, Oxygone contains no abrasives, so I don't understand how it will buff corian and remove scratches.

BTW I found a product called Novus at Tap Plastics. It comes in 3 formulations from a fine plastic polish to a deep scratch remover. I've used all 3 formulations and they really do work. #1 contains no abrasives, and so would not remove scratches, whereas #2 and #3 remove fine and deep scratches respectively.

I had success when I tried it.  Using oxygone for removing scratches is not suggested by DW but was something I tried and is worked for me.  For more stuborn scratches a fine jewlers rouge should work.

Ian,

I carve little figurines using Corian, and have had good success in finishing my figurines and have applied the same techniques in restoring the finish on our Corian counters.

Corian responds to wet sanding, and scratches can be removed using emory cloth  starting from 400 grit and working up to 1500 grit for a glass like finish.

The final finsih is produced with a mild abrasive rubbing or polishing compound and a low speed rotary buffer.  I use a 3M product intended for finishing clear coat in body shops.

See the attached Dupont care document which recommends these products:

Use & care liquid: DuPont Final Glaze or Hope?s Countertop Polish

Attachments

• c_en_c_rad_all.finishcorian.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 14
Purchase?  :D :D :D :D

I've never paid for any corian...I go to cabinet makers who install corian countertops and ask for their throw away stuff.  That way I get a variety of colors.  The most rare is the bright red, which I go from an installation in a candy store. See attached photo.

Attachments

• Red Train Blu Vig.JPG
    Red Train Blu Vig.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom