Popup w/ Roof rack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ex-Calif

Has anyone seen or modified a pop up trailer to mount a small aluminum boat on top?

The idea would be to build an aluminum dolly on rails and launch it directly from the top of the pop up. Engine would be dismounted and stored in the tow vehicle.

I am looking for a step up from tent camping, hence popup but want to bring the fishing boat. Cab over camper is also an option but prefer not as availability of cabovers is really, really limited.

I have all the fabrication skills and just noodling the possibility.

Edit - Of course they have - LOL... I googled and found this on a popup camper forum. The advice is to do it but tie the racks into the frame rather than the roof.

popup.JPG

Last edited:
We had a roof rack on our pop up for gear and a rack on our A-frame for bikes/kayaks. The rack should be mounted to the edges of the roof to keep the weight off the roof itself.

We had a boat rack on the top of the Starcraft Galexy that we owned about 40 years ago. I just looked and Amazon has one for sale. I also found one on etrailer as well. Swagman also makes one of what you want. I would say that probably what you should do is to take a look at some of those on the market and then make something similar. The main issue is knowing where in your pop-up there are frame members that you could safely attach to. The one that I had was installed by the RV dealer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom