Porch Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

In case anyone is curious I replaced the standard Porch Light with a motion detector Porch Light I found on Amazon. Quick & easy, not expensive and works very well! A small blue light blinks during the day so you know it knows it's daytime, a small green light blinks after sunset so you know it knows it's on duty (a nice deterrent). 

Attachments

• RV_Exterior_Motion_Porch_Light.jpg
    RV_Exterior_Motion_Porch_Light.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 84
  • porch_light_original.jpg
    porch_light_original.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
Also, if you want the light on is there a method to do that, perhaps on/off quickly a couple times similar to what I've seen on 120V motion lights?

kdbgoat said:
Sweet! Do you have an item number for it?

Found it!  https://www.amazon.com/MOTION-GUARD-MG1000-450-Exterior-Motion-Security/dp/B00UO6HP9Y/ref=pd_cp_263_2?pd_rd_w=uEBas&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=KW366CPY58WEE626ZM32&pd_rd_r=bc0e1b89-1a14-11e9-ad10-59c7d22e15ab&pd_rd_wg=tP1Gl&pd_rd_i=B00UO6HP9Y&psc=1&refRID=KW366CPY58WEE626ZM32

The guy (Greg Wilson) that designed this also designed the original Starlights motion light. They work great. I have one on the street side to keep an eye onnthe road going by the coach at the beach

We use the Starlight motion lights for our porch and large 'scare' lights.  They work great detecting motion, not just human but animals too (we've seen some cool night creatures because of them).  However, there are times they can be an inconvenience.  If you're sitting around your campfire or have close proximity neighbors, the lights will respond to that movement.  Also, don't forget to turn them off if you're diving at night - they'll be a distraction to other drivers.

Our lights are 'programmed' by manipulating the light switch.  On off on, put them in motion mode, a simple on, turns them on like any other light.  I think in most cases the lights mount perfectly with existing holes from the original lights.  I believe they stay on for a couple of minutes after the motion ends.

I installed this same light too, love it.  Yes, first time on it just goes on, if off then on again it is motion sensing moe.  There are adjustments for sensitivity and I believe how long it stays on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom