Porta-bote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blues Chaser

Recently bought one of these foldable boats to enhance my fishing from my Class C Itasca Spirit.  They offer a rack to mount the boat which folds down to 4" thick by 10' (looks like a surf board) on the side of my vehicle.  Has anybody ever seen or done this or some alternate mounting? 

I've only seen the PortaBote mounted to the side of an RV in their ad. Seems a bit strange to me and definitely not something my other half would approve of. Could you store it on the roof of your RV?

I have seen the porta boat stored on the side of motorhomes as well as on the roof.  Have no first hand experience with one though.

I had a Port-A-Bote for several years. Carried it on the side of one 5W, on the roof of another and also on the roof of a motorhome.  Mounting it on the roof was more aesthetic and actually easier than the side mount, since you do not have to support the weight while latching the spring steel rear clamp.

We finally sold the Bote after getting a new motorhome.  There was so much stuff on the roof (5 skylights & vents, fridge & plumbing vents, 2 a/cs and a couple antennas) that there was no room for the Bote.  And we had not been using the Bote much the last couple years anyway.

There is a guy on another site who has one.  I asked him about it and he said he loves it..no complaints.  I saw them at a local boat/rv show last year and they are pretty neat.  I am still thinking about getting one. 

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I'm just getting to them.  My roof is very crowded also, so I'm looking for aused 8 footer to mount on the side.  Thanks again, John.

Only question I'd have about it, Would that add too much width to the wider full sized RV's?  Just asking in case of an accident for any reason, if it stuck out further than the awnings.

You replied to a question that's 3 years old. The individual asking the width question has since passed away.

Back
Top Bottom