Possible N Texas/ Texoma RV Restrictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techbiker

Denison, TX covers a large part of the Texoma/N Texas region including parts of the Red River and Lake Texoma. I understand that within Denison people can currently only RV camp within RV camps and buy/service/rent RVs in certain places. There is a zoning proposal (Case No. 2021-064ZO) moving through City Hall that would further restrict RV camping, sales and rental uses, etc. RV camps would no longer be a by-right use anywhere within the city. Many people may be impacted.

Many people turned out to oppose the measure when it came before the City Council on 8/16/21 and it was tabled. I believe the proposal is scheduled to come back in front of the City Council on 9/20/21. Significant RV restrictions may remain in the proposal, however I believe the City Council is currently reconsidering the proposal and may be open to comments from Denison citizens. Pertinent RV portions of the proposal and zoning map in attached.

City Council | Denison Texas
John Webb | Denison Texas
Case No. 2021-064ZO is Item 4C https://mccmeetings.blob.core.usgov...T-Packet-5c0675b886ac4a80bd1af4a4ee0afabd.pdf
Proposed zoning ordinance updates tabled by Denison

Attachments

• page29july27-21.png
    page29july27-21.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 14
  • denisoncity+etj.jpg
    denisoncity+etj.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 13
Someone should tell them about both the state of Maine and the province of Nova Scotia. Both enacted "No RV camping other than RV parks" rules. They discovered that RVs have wheels. If an RVer can't stay there, he won't go there.....
In Maine, the congress lady that proposed and pushed the rule later campaigned even harder to get it rescinded when the RV tourist business disappeared.
Funny Thing - Huh?
Matt

I don't understand the hostility in municipal and county governments to RVs. I tried for over a year to find property I could buy and develop as an unscale RV storage lot, but in my area that is only allowed in light industry zoning, and that land is too expensive by 2x or 3x for the numbers to crunch -- and yet the need is near-desperate and RVing is the fastest-growing recreational activity in the country. Almost every commercial RV campground we've used (not many; we prefer State and COE) has been an asset to its community, and only a few storage lots have been a detraction to theirs.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hostility in municipal and county governments to RVs. I tried for over a year to find property I could buy and develop as an unscale RV storage lot, but in my area that is only allowed in light industry zoning, and that land is two expensive by 2x or 3x for the numbers to crunch -- and yet the need is near-desperate and RVing is the fastest-growing recreational activity in the country. Almost every commercial RV campground we've used (not many; we prefer State and COE) has been an asset to its community, and only a few storage lots have been a detraction to theirs.
I will go out on a limb and bring up places like Seattle. Parking an RV on public roads, tents, etc..
I am not saying just parking there is an issue, but how they treat the area. Trash everywhere, crime, drugs, and other not so nice things.
On the other hand, like almost any gov't, they offer no solutions other than "ban it all".

I will go out on a limb and bring up places like Seattle. Parking an RV on public roads, tents, etc..
I am not saying just parking there is an issue, but how they treat the area. Trash everywhere, crime, drugs, and other not so nice things.
On the other hand, like almost any gov't, they offer no solutions other than "ban it all".
I haven't been to Seattle except to fly in to SeaTac and be picked up by an individual and driven to Stanwood to buy a car, then drive south on the Interstate, and that was . . . 15 (?) years ago. But is my impression wrong that it isn't just RVers contributing to the situation?

Back
Top Bottom