Possible Stolen Fleetwood Excursion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

Jerry has been observing a fairly new Fleetwood Excursion Class A motorhome that has been parked in a Las Vegas Von's grocery store parking lot.  He said it disappeared for a few days and reappeared parked differently.  No license plate on it and it's now looking worse.  This morning he tried the door and was surprised when it opened.  He looked inside and it's been stripped with the sofa gone, etc.  He reported it to Von's and they'll notify their property manager who will probably have it towed.

If you have heard of anyone who is missing their Fleetwood Excursion this may be it.  It's about 38-40 feet, has a light brown and beige exterior, a dome TV and single rear axle.  Someone has tried to rip off the patio awning and the air conditioner covers were removed and it looks like someone tried to remove their innards, maybe thinking there would be copper wires inside.

This motorhome is currently parked in the eastern end of the small strip mall anchored by Von's.  Their address is 475 E. Windmill Lane, Las Vegas NV 89123.  It is at the corner of Windmill and Bermuda Road.  If you have heard of anyone who has a stolen motorhome they probably should call the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police.

I have photos but can't get them small enough to attach.

ArdraF

Ardra, email me the photos and I'll shrink them and post

Somewhere in that RV is a sticker or plate with the Vehicle Identification number on it.

In addition there are several other locations where it can be found also the Transmission and Engine serial numbers can be used (Normally the last half dozen character are common to all the above)

Takes someone who does the job I retired from less than a minute to find out if it was reported stolen.

I type in 17 characters. a few other things  (like the id of the trooper asking me to querry) and

WHAM. results. almost before I can get my finger off the SEND button.

The one thing I don't see in the comments....Did anyone call the police....It's hard to run a check on the VIN # if nobody's there to call it in.

I was visiting a used RV lot.

They had just received a load of used RV's. Some were repos. They didn't have them priced out yet because they go through and fix everything, then price it out and sell it.

But they said I could look even though they didn't have the pricing set up yet.

Well SHAZAM!

Some of these folks clearly knew the repo man was hunting them down.

Amazing!

TV's gone, furniture gone, appliances gone, even the dadgum toilet was missing in one! Generators ripped out. It was insanity!

A few looked purposely vandalized. I've never understood vandalism. I guess one has to be psychotic to "get it".

I bought a repo Class A from a finance company years ago, but fortunately their repo guy got to it before any damage was done. The only thing missing was the manuals, but when I contacted the previous owner about them he said I could have them for just $500. I downloaded everything I needed for free instead...  ::)

My wife and I looked at a house that was for sale that was a bank repo about a  decade ago (during the the national lending mess).      Everything that could have been removed had been, including the door knobs.    At one time the house had been a fairly nice house, probably built in the late 1970's (had a built in intercom system, etc.), but when we looked at it I would be tempted to walk away from it even if it were free.  As mentioned even the door knobs were missing, the swimming pool in the back yard had caved in, sunken hot tub in the sun room had floated up out of the ground, all of the appliances were missing from the kitchen (stove, dish washer, etc.)

NY_Dutch said:
I bought a repo Class A from a finance company years ago, but fortunately their repo guy got to it before any damage was done. The only thing missing was the manuals, but when I contacted the previous owner about them he said I could have them for just $500. I downloaded everything I needed for free instead...  ::)

Gee, what a surprise coming from someone that bought an RV with no plans to pay for it......

SargeW said:
Gee, what a surprise coming from someone that bought an RV with no plans to pay for it......

Yep, I wasn't shocked by his response. I was willing to pay a nominal amount just to have the original documentation, but I knew going in that it really wasn't needed.

NY_Dutch said:
Yep, I wasn't shocked by his response. I was willing to pay a nominal amount just to have the original documentation, but I knew going in that it really wasn't needed.

If he wasn't so greedy, he could have charged you $10.00, and you would have paid it, and at least he would have come out with something in return. The way it ended up, he got nothing and probably ended up by throwing everything away.

Rene T said:
If he wasn't so greedy, he could have charged you $10.00, and you would have paid it, and at least he would have come out with something in return. The way it ended up, he got nothing and probably ended up by throwing everything away.

I offered $50 thinking I'd help the guy out a bit, but that wasn't good enough for him. In contrast, our current coach came with documentation so complete I can tell when a light bulb in the bathroom was changed and have the receipt for the bulb.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom