Possible trailer renovations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deaners

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum but have camped for many years and have done a cosmetic remodel on a old Prowler a few years back. I have a couple questions on the possibility/difficulty of a couple renovations I've contemplated. I don't have a specific trailer, but looking at a few older models with the idea of making needed changes if I decide to go ahead with reaching out to make an offer or ask about viewing.

1. How hard is it to replace a tub in a bathroom where the previous owner removed it for storage? I don't know if they removed the plumbing/drain or just the tub itself.
2. How hard would it be to upgrade the fridge to a larger size? - rv fridge, same location in trailer but taller.

Thanks.

Chances are the new tub won't be a size match, so some wall/floor/cabinet work would be needed. And some plumbing to mate up with whatever is left of the old one.

A bigger fridge is all about cabinet work. Maybe some electrical if you change to a residential model electric unit from propane/electric absorption type. Height might be an issue, depending on what's there now. Measure very, very carefully before choosing any new fridge.

Assuming you have some wood-working & handyman skills, I would say not terribly difficult. However, it's not an afternoon swap-out sort of thing either. Takes careful planning and more than a bit of time.

Thanks Gary. Just making sure I'm not totally out to lunch that either of these two projects were do-able.

So many trailers I've looked at have the smaller under-counter sized fridges, sometimes with nothing but a shelf above. I would want a proper RV fridge, so my biggest concern was matching up venting etc on the exterior. Interior wouldn't be a problem.

The tub replacement is on one specific trailer, but I'd have to get it for good enough price to put in that much work and time.

Re the tub.... NO bath tub but a laundry tub/suds saver at my parent's house When they upgraded the drain no longer lined up with the old drain line.. I grabbed a radiator hose of the proper size and ...instant flexible tail piece.
"Oh it won't hold up" over a decade before it needed replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom