Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to him, there is not a single "tree" anywhere in Iceland!
But there are plenty of trees in Iceland (Greenland also):

Here is a photo of Iceland:

forest-iceland-reforestation.jpg

-Don- Auburn, CA

Ha! Yea, great one. We're in the same boat. We bought 3 baby chickens (hens) to be egg layers. They were $4.00 each = $12.00 for all of them. It takes about 5 months before they start laying eggs.

We purchased a Chicken Hutch, $479.00. We purchased an outside enclosed pin with a wire roof, $249.00. Bedding (so far)...$30.00. Chicken feed, bird feed, chicken pellets, and baby chicken feed (so far) $150 (at least). Feeders, waterers, $60 (at least). All of that equals to $980. (Yikes, even I didn't realize that!!!!)

And we haven't received the first egg yet. Not till the expected month of July. I think it would have been cheaper to just buy eggs from the store! Dang, those eggs better be good. (Wow, do they love left over spaghetti!)
Have a friend that had chickens. He would feed them scrambled eggs. They loved it.

Well, they told him Iceland was a fabulous place for anyone in the Navy to be stationed. And as a final "sales pitch" to help change his dismay, they told him, Iceland is the most wonderful place in the world for single guys. The women there are wonderful, there is a single available woman behind every tree! He was estatic.
When I managed a global field engineering force we would often have tough locations to fill.

"Bob we have openings in Mogadishu, Karachi and Miami. Need you to rank your preferences in order."

"Good news / bad news, Bob. The good news is you got your second choice" - LOL...

Additionally my experience is that you will also throw away about $200 worth of veggies from every crop. No one I know who is successful with a garden is eating everything they produce.

There are folks all around me hanging out in front of Walmart, Dollar store(s) etc trying to give away free fruits and veggies.
Growing up on the farm we had a large garden.... And We canned or froze most of what we grew and ate it all year long.. Very little went to waste.. Most went to waist.

True. Named years ago to deceive others from going to very green Iceland.

Here is another photo of Iceland and this will show the size of the trees better for Rene T:

iu
Lots of second-growth forest, and what there isn't much total because the Vikings destroyed all of it.

Last edited:
We canned or froze most of what we grew and ate it all year long.. Very little went to waste.
Yep, same with me. I can or freeze. Try to time when it is coming so I am back for key harvests and preserving and plucking fresh stuff for the ride to the next place to explore.

I love vegetable gardening.

Men doing what we do best--destroying everything. But that is no joke.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Also, the people there talk to the trees to encourage them to grow. The trees just give up and die anyway, because...have you ever heard Icelandic spoken? The writers for Star Trek and Star Wars could use it as an alien language.

This is not really a joke, but it is a very enlightening quote that I thought that I would share it on what is likely the most popular thread. If you like it, please share it as much as you can as many, myself included, need to be reminded.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed..

‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.

‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend."

I'd like to have some chickens to eat the ticks in my yard. The ticks are already CRAZY here in upstate/central NY! Don't think they would last long, though. Coyotes would have a feast!
That's what I always like about Hawaii. Wild chickens running all over the place. Not use I would eat any of them though. They are good for getting rid of the centipedes, which are hazardous to one's health.

That's what I always like about Hawaii. Wild chickens running all over the place. Not use I would eat any of them though. They are good for getting rid of the centipedes, which are hazardous to one's health.
We have these in my neck of the woods - 6" - 8" long...not common, but they're around. You don't want to get bit:

DWUYJ5XXRRC3VM7IJEUE5X7NPE.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom