Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two things... one .. Both I and may darling daughter can drive a manual transmission. Though I did have to teach her how to handle a red light or stop sign on a hill but she learned in only one try.
And the post that got deleted for political reasons... No comment.

My 11 yo granddaughter shifts my Jeep when the two of us go for a ride in it. Of course she isn't working the clutch but she knows the pattern and does it pretty smoothly.

Two things... one .. Both I and may darling daughter can drive a manual transmission. Though I did have to teach her how to handle a red light or stop sign on a hill but she learned in only one try.
And the post that got deleted for political reasons... No comment.
Me, my wife, son and daughter all can drive a manual transmission vehicle. I had an automatic transmission car shipped to England and folks over there said it was a posh car. Virtually everyone I knew there had stick shifts.

Put some of these younger drivers behind the wheel with 3 on the tree and check out the look on their face.

Years ago my young nephew was sent to the payphone to call home and update his mom on our arrival time. He came back and whispered into his dad's ear he couldn't work the rotary dial phone - LOL...

1975 looks like my dad's truck. But the today one is not accurate - no helmets.

While we're on the manual transmission train...
View attachment 154957
True story... Citizen walked in and told my Sgt. someone was trying to steel a car.
Turns out it was the operator's girlfriend's car (He was there to visit his Parole Officer on the floor above us) It was a stick and he was having a world of trouble.

Also turns out a special condition of his parole: "May not operate a motor vehicle".. (opps).

I was just in the hospital for a simple procedure. One of the intake questions was "do you feel safe in your home". I know they're asking about spousal abuse but I couldn't help replying "I have guns and enough ammo, so yes, I feel safe." Nurse just looked at me and walked away.
On one of my stays they asked if I ever thought about killing myself. I said no, not myself. But someone else? Almost daily. My wife quickly interjected he’s kidding he’s kidding. I laughed.

I was just in the hospital for a simple procedure. One of the intake questions was "do you feel safe in your home". I know they're asking about spousal abuse but I couldn't help replying "I have guns and enough ammo, so yes, I feel safe." Nurse just looked at me and walked away.
I will be asked that question next week when I go in for minor procedure. I am going to use this answer! It’s the PERFECT answer for this idiotic question.

Re the electric post (Being ask to lower use and to get EV's)
I keep hearing how the grid can not support EV's Well here in MI where we are being charged "Peak Rate" to encourage us to lower use.. THEY ARE CLOSING GENERATING PLANTS. And that's no joke.

Re the electric post (Being ask to lower use and to get EV's)
I keep hearing how the grid can not support EV's Well here in MI where we are being charged "Peak Rate" to encourage us to lower use.. THEY ARE CLOSING GENERATING PLANTS. And that's no joke.
I read that they are phasing out coal powered plants and replacing them with natural gas powered plants. It seems the biggest issues with the closings is the job losses and tax base for the cities where the plants closed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom