Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mother her sisters did something similar. They lived about 20 miles apart and if they wanted to go visit they would call and let the phone ring 3 times. If they were going to be home they would call back and let the phone ring 3 times.
I had a friend of mine who lived on the other side of town. His family couldn’t afford a phone. There was a small neighborhood store near his house and it had a pay phone in a booth outside. He would put a dime in, dial my number, let it ring once then hang up. He’d get his dime back. I knew it was him because of the one ring and I would call the pay phone to talk to him.

As kids we would hitchhike, backpack, stay in your hostels etc.

We'd make a collect person to person call home to a fictitious person to check in and do a wellness check - obviously hanging up as the fake person was not there. If we really had a problem we'd obviously go collect to a real person.

Often we would have western union money sent to a town we planned to be in soon. We also had main delivered "posta restante" ahead of where we were going and picked up the letters when we got there.

And to stay on 'joke" topic...

Attachments

• advice.JPG
    advice.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 33
What am I missing????
There was a post above Someone trying to recharge their EV and the windmill powering the generator was frozen... The comment fit.. The article, however, does not fit this thread..
If you want to know how long a Tesla will stay warm (inside) without a recharge you will have to search for it (OVER, Well over, 24 hours).

Sad day........really sad...........

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community.

Sad to say that the Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He had just turned 71.

Doughboy was appropriately buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was considered a very smart cookie, but wasted much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough and three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
This joke always makes me hungry.

There was a post above Someone trying to recharge their EV and the windmill powering the generator was frozen... The comment fit.. The article, however, does not fit this thread..
If you want to know how long a Tesla will stay warm (inside) without a recharge you will have to search for it (OVER, Well over, 24 hours).
Yeah... Uhhhh... It's humor...

The actual problem with that cartoon is that it appears the wind turbine is in some sort of room. That's what didn't make sense to me...

Reminds me of the guy in the bar saying to his seatmate, "Dang these peanuts are soggy." To which the other guys says, "Yeah I don't like peanuts. But I love salt."

My wife won't let me eat bar snacks. She knows from whence they come and go...

Back
Top Bottom