Posting for numbers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karl

I was merely ribbing Bernie. Unbeknown to him, I previously had him boxed in a "special" group with a fixed single star and he'd asked why he wasn't getting promoted (getting more stars) like everyone else. OTOH Bernie and you have a good point about eliminating some of the clutter. IIRC it's a relatively small code change. Just have to make sure I don't blow something else up while I'm doing it  ;D

Tom said:
Karl

I was merely ribbing Bernie. Unbeknown to him, I previously had him boxed in a "special" group with a fixed single star and he'd asked why he wasn't getting promoted (getting more stars) like everyone else. OTOH Bernie and you have a good point about eliminating some of the clutter. IIRC it's a relatively small code change. Just have to make sure I don't blow something else up while I'm doing it  ;D

Tom

Now that I have earned hero status you want to take it away from me :D :D :D

Personally, I think it would be better if you deleted all the labels from non-staff members and statistics from all. It is really irrelevant and confusing.

Tom:
Tom (and all Hero's):

Tom said:
I could eliminate the stars now that you've made it to Hero Bernie? ;D

My vote goes to doing away with anything that gives kudos of any kind for volume of messages. It makes no sense that members such as Karl and Bernie are considered "Hero's" when a real hero like me is still referred to as "Junior"  8).

Perhaps we Junior members should consider hiring an ACLU attorney to look into this  ;).

"And meanwhile, Laura must be dumfounded - and perhaps rather put off - by the debate generated by her introductory message. Let's knock it off or split the thread."

Hello to all. I'm BernerGran, and I just registered to be a part of this Forum. You can find my introductory note/message in the new members group, but before I do, I'm afraid I must speak on this topic.

In just browsing, I came across this thread, and frankly am much dismayed. I hope this type of back and forth discussion is rare, because I don't need such nonsense.

Not knowing the background of this topic/thread, I probably should not even comment, except to say, let's please move on.

BernerGran

BernerGran

Sorry to read you're dismayed. But, when you've been around here a while, you might better understand the friendly ribbing that goes on between forum members who've known each other for many years, online and/or offline. Any dissension in the discussion was introduced by a relative newcomer to the forum who, like yourself, doesn't know the characters involved or their motivations. If this topic isn't to your liking, I suggest you don't follow it. There's plenty of other stuff around here to read and enjoy.

Bob Buchanan said:
Tom:
Tom (and all Hero's):

My vote goes to doing away with anything that gives kudos of any kind for volume of messages. It makes no sense that members such as Karl and Bernie are considered "Hero's" when a real hero like me is still referred to as "Junior"? 8).

Perhaps we Junior members should consider hiring an ACLU attorney to look into this? ;).

You can't hire a ACLU attorney, Junior.    You can't get rid of them, but you can't hire them.

Bob Buchanan said:
....members such as Karl and Bernie are considered "Hero's" when a real hero like me is still referred to as "Junior"

Hey Bob, I could always assign you to a group with more stars than Bernie or Karl  ;D

BTW this message explains some of the stuff. As you'll notice, I previously removed the Newbie title because too many folks were explaining to me that they weren't newbies to RVing and would I change their title.

Meanwhile, when I get around to it, I'll make appropriate changes. Not the highest on my priority list.

BernieD said:
Now that I have earned hero status you want to take it away from me

LOL Bernie, maybe I should give you permanent Hero status.

Carl Lundquist said:
You can't hire a ACLU attorney, Junior.? ? You can't get rid of them, but you can't hire them.

Sure you can, just buy a card and carry it.? :)

And don't call me Junior anymore -- as of this post, it's "MR." Full Member. 8)

Tom said:
BernerGran

Sorry to read you're dismayed. But, when you've been around here a while, you might better understand the friendly ribbing that goes on between forum members who've known each other for many years, online and/or offline. Any dissension in the discussion was introduced by a relative newcomer to the forum who, like yourself, doesn't know the characters involved or their motivations. If this topic isn't to your liking, I suggest you don't follow it. There's plenty of other stuff around here to read and enjoy.

Guess it is a good thing this person did not see Wally's performance at Moab ;D ;D

LOL Jim. I guess I could say the same thing about the kiss and flowers Wally received from one of his fans  ;D

Attachments

• kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
Tom said:
LOL Jim. I guess I could say the same thing about the kiss and flowers Wally received from one of his fans  ;D

As soon as I hit "post" I realized I was in trouble, but could not talk myself into chickening-out. ;D

RV Roamer said:
And meanwhile, Laura must be dumfounded - and perhaps rather put off - by the debate generated by her introductory message. Let's knock it off or split the thread.

I sincerely hope she is not. Thats the last thing I would like to happen.

Y'all be welcome. Hopefully this topic will now die. Meanwhile, I also removed reference to the titles and stars from the How do I do this? guide to navigating the forum.

Back
Top Bottom