Posting US map in sig. area, how to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Have been searching for info on this old topic in the forum. Can't find anything.
Can someone steer me in the right direction. I have the map image on the computer.
tnx,  carson

You can upload the image file to a web server and put a link in your signature line pointing to the image file.  I don't believe there is any way to include an image file directly in the signature.  That's good, because they would make for large signatures.

Or you can reduce the image to say, 64x64px and use it as an avatar.

Carson,

Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to do. If you really wish to have a large image show up in your signature line, it won't. I disabled that feature because, among other considerations, it would result in 'long' signatures at the bottom of every one of your messages. This in turn would require the rest of us to unnecessarily scroll down a lot when reading messages.

If there's something else you're trying to do, please let me know, thanks.

Hi Ned and Tom, tnx for the replies.

Since many members have the little map, I thought it would be easy as pie.
I generated the map via  www.epgsoft.com and placed in My Pictures folder.
The smallest I could make it was 198x100 pixels - 1838 Bytes  (GIF).

It looks very similar to all the others. I was hoping I could merely copy/paste it in the signature area, or find a method of inserting it via a forum feature, as is possible on rv.net.

I am learning, best I can say.  Thanks, again
carson.

Carson,

You can make that image any size you like by saving it from the web site and resizing it on your computer. However, I doubt that a small image will be readable. In any event, you'd need to update the image as you visit additional states.

As Ned suggested, you could include a link to the image in your sig line. You can do this by creating the image (just click Create image on their web site), then copy the address from the address line of your browser. e.g. I created one as an example and the resulting address (or URL) is:

http://www.epgsoft.com/servlet/epgSoft.VisitedStatesMap.VisitedStatesMapPageServlet?states=AZ&states=CA&states=CO&states=FL&states=ID&states=IL&states=IN&states=KY&states=LA&states=ME&states=MA&states=MT&states=NV&states=NY&states=ND&states=OH&states=OK&states=OR&states=TX&states=UT&height=200&format=jpg&Submit=Create+Map&country=US

Instead of posting that long address, use the Insert hyperlink button above (the far left icon immediately above the row of smiley faces) to create a clickable link like this:

States I've visited.

If there was a widespread need, this might be something we could include in folks' profiles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom