Power Issue - 2019 Travato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rjc2022

New member here. I have a 2019 Winnebago Travato 59K that we bought used late last year. Right away we noticed that there is a problem with the power. When we are plugged in to 30-amp, the front area (microwave, A/C) works fine, but the back area does not. No power to the heater, rear lights, etc. I checked fuses and breakers and all seemed fine. The electric mode for the heater does not work at all. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? Thanks all!

I gather this is a 50 amp rig.
50 amps is kind of hard to explain to a novice but it's two "legs" of 120 volts either side of neutral

L1-120-N-120-L2 I will skip the rest for that will confuse you.

Now 3 amps is Hot-120-Neutral (In both cases there is a safety ground the "round" pin) but as you can see there is only one hot.

So your 30-50 amp Dogbone is wired like this
Hot------L1---L2
Neutral -- Neutral
Ground - Ground

OR rather it is supposed to be

Yours is (first line only)
Hot----L1-x-L2 The jumper is broken.
You need a new bone for the dog.
That's all folks

I gather this is a 50 amp rig.
50 amps is kind of hard to explain to a novice but it's two "legs" of 120 volts either side of neutral

L1-120-N-120-L2 I will skip the rest for that will confuse you.

Now 3 amps is Hot-120-Neutral (In both cases there is a safety ground the "round" pin) but as you can see there is only one hot.

So your 30-50 amp Dogbone is wired like this
Hot------L1---L2
Neutral -- Neutral
Ground - Ground

OR rather it is supposed to be

Yours is (first line only)
Hot----L1-x-L2 The jumper is broken.
You need a new bone for the dog.
That's all folks
Thank you for the response! It is wired 30 amp. If the issue you proposed is true, why does the A/C & microwave work on AC, but not the heater? Is there a “jumper” for the heater?

It sounds like you house battery is dead and the converter is not working. This could be as simple as a blown fuse or tripped breaker.

When you say heater are you talking water heater or furnace? If it’s the water heater, does it run on propane?
The furnace runs off 22 volt DC.

The Furnace runs on 12 volts. so that's not an AC issue. if it's a 30 amp rig with two air conditioners there are (BLAST just got some bad news.. not related, political) back to topic. If it's 30 amp rig with 2 A/Cs then either there is a front/rear/both switch and/or there is a computer (that also runs on 12 volts) that monitors energy use and can disable one of the A/C's the water heater or possibly the microwave.

This is one of two devices called "Energy Management Systems' this one is made by (usually) Intelletec. a blown fuse will disable it.

1. Please clarify what you mean by "heater". Does your Travato have the Truma Combi Eco Plus heating system that supplies both heating and hot water? If so, is it set to use electric or propane (or both)?
  2. Does your Travato have the PURE Advanced Energy System? It is standard on the model 59GL & 59KL. If yes, try activating it and running from the PURE energy pack instead of shore power and let us know the result.
  3. Try running on generator power instead of plugging into shore power. Does everything work or still the same problems?

The 2019 Travato brochure covers the features of each model. It is somewhat different than the typical Class B or C coach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom