Power Plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antonioavaz

Does every camping site in US have regular power plug? Like the 20 amp plug we have at home?
I read on the camping website that it is a 50 amp plug, but usually it has a 20 amp too?

Hi Antonio. Welcome to the forum.
The answer to your question is. Most do. I have run into one park that did not. That park was the KOA in Durango, Colorado. They did sell me an adapter though.  I have never needed it again. That was in 2007.

antonioavaz said:
Does every camping site in US have regular power plug? Like the 20 amp plug we have at home?
I read on the camping website that it is a 50 amp plug, but usually it has a 20 amp too?
Most campground have both a 20A and a 30A receptacle: https://www.campsitereports.com/photos/Approved/Processed/USA/WI/PID120/Devils-Lake-State-Park-Northern-Lights-Campground-Campsite-149-Electrical-outlets-PhotoID-S016131.jpg

Some also have a 50A receptacle: https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/ImageRepository/Document?documentId=53344

antonioavaz said:

Short answer: NO.. Longer answer
Very few sites do not have a 15/20 amp outlet but .. I have been in ONE CAMPGROUND that only had TT-30s  Oh they used to have 30 and a 15/20 but they took them out and put in block off plates and now only have 30s

Unless you pay extra for a 50 amp site.

And another campground I've been the box will have like 3 TT-30s and one 15/20 and low voltage all around.

But these are still rare.

I've seen every combination: 20/30, 30/50, 20/30/50, 20 only, 30 only and 50 only. Even a 15-amp outlet once, complete with glass fuse.

Adapters are cheap. Not being able to plug in is no fun.

mel s said:
SpencerPJ
Methinks these are all standard plugs:

Haha, methinks you been nippin at the bourbon, lol.  OK, standard american 15/20 amp style household plugs  8)

Back
Top Bottom