PP Ez Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Bernie

I What I'm really trying to understand is if, for example, I bought 6 sensors (for the coach) and a receiver, could I merely add another 4 sensors (for the toad) at a later date?

Yes, in fact I went the other way. Since I was going to use toad but not motorhome for some months - I bought 4 sensors and then later bought next 6. With the same RV monitor, you can go to 10 wheels on RV, plus 4 on toad.

Thanks Karl. Chris just went out of town with the Burb. I'll take a look at the docs when she gets back tomorrow.

Tom said:
Bernie

I assume that each PP sensor/transmitter operates at a different frequency (?). Does that frequency/identity get inputted to the receiver at the time of installation? What I'm really trying to understand is if, for example, I bought 6 sensors (for the coach) and a receiver, could I merely add another 4 sensors (for the toad) at a later date?

[/unquote]

As Karl mentioned, the sensors operate on a frequency around 400 MHz, but they are all on the same frequency. Each sensor has it's own ID# which gets registered in the monitor when you set up the system. Only the sensors you set are registered so you can add and delete as required.

I'm still struggling with the issue of the OEM sensors installed on our Suburban. I'd prefer not to disable or remove the OEM equipment, and I don't think Chris will want to move the receiver from the coach to the toad or, for that matter, to have the receiver visible in the toad.

[/unquote]

I would expect that the only solution would be to swap sensors (PP for GM) whenever you are towing the Burb.
Does anyone know of a way I could receive the signals from the OEM sensors on the toad while driving the coach?
[/unquote]

I don't.

Tom,
Aren't the OEM sensors on the Burb inside the tires rather than on the valve stems like the PP?  I'm having trouble comprehending the problem of having both installed at the same time.

The PP sensors (MH + Burb) are read by the monitor on the motorhome dash and the OEM sensors can simultaneously be read by the Burbs on monitor system. Why would you want to remove the OEM set?  Just leave them as they are.

I have the recent model PP system with a monopole antenna and the reception is excellent. Car can be parked up to several yards away and the monitor still picks up the signals.

RV Roamer said:
Aren't the OEM sensors on the Burb inside the tires rather than on the valve stems like the PP?

We had this discussion previously.  :)  The sensors are screwed onto the valve stems.

I'm having trouble comprehending the problem of having both installed at the same time.

Presumably I'd have two stacked on each valve. Assuming it could be done, it would look pretty obvious to some thief or some kid with nothing better to do..

I have the recent model PP system with a monopole antenna and the reception is excellent. Car can be parked up to several yards away and the monitor still picks up the signals.

That's good to hear!

I read the "procedure" and have my own suggestion......

Why not just plug the 12 line into any handy 12 volt outlet (I have AC powered 12 volt outlets, portable 12 volt outlets and one in the tail end of what will be my towed) and put it in program mode... NOTE, OUTSIDE of the motor home

Now, go around and install the sensors following the instructions in the owner's manual

Finally... Pull the plug and move it to the MH.  All programmed, all sensors in place, and you are done, One entry into the MH, just one

Bernie, would that work?  (I'm assuming the receiver either has a battery backup for it's ram or flash ram)

John In Detroit said:

Why not just plug the 12 line into any handy 12 volt outlet (I have AC powered 12 volt outlets, portable 12 volt outlets and one in the tail end of what will be my towed) and put it in program mode... NOTE, OUTSIDE of the motor home

Now, go around and install the sensors following the instructions in the owner's manual

Finally... Pull the plug and move it to the MH.  All programmed, all sensors in place, and you are done, One entry into the MH, just one

Bernie, would that work?  (I'm assuming the receiver either has a battery backup for it's ram or flash ram)

Yes, that's essentially the same as mine. The difference is what I'd call environmental factors (rain/snow/cold/heat/bugs)  and accessibility of RV. In my case, it was winter and RV was 80 miles away. So, I could in the comfort of my home do all the programming and be prepared to install when bringing RV out of storage. Even in my new home I see same advantage. The storage area here is tight - one can't even open storage bay doors. Also, here we have the so called no-see-ums (sand fleas) that attack with a vengence and lots of humidity.  Again, the ability to have all the programming done and be able to quickly install when bringing unit out of storage would have been very vry desirable.

John In Detroit said:

The power source is irrelevant, so your procedure would work fine. The monitor uses flash ram so you can just unplug it when you are done and move it to the coach. Good idea.

Back
Top Bottom