Preferred sunglasses, Which are yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoundrel

I have changed from my prescription glasses to contacts and now I'm looking for a good pair of sunglasses especially for long drive times.

What have you found to be the best glasses for you? I know this is personal preference but that's exactly what I'm looking for, your preference.

Scoundrel said:
I have changed from my prescription glasses to contacts and now I'm looking for a good pair of sunglasses especially for long drive times.

That was one reason I switched back from contacts to eyeglasses. I wear prescription polaroids when I'm in the sun or driving in it.

I agree with tom,  A good set of prescription sunglasses is best, better than any other.

Raybans are the most popular among the jet set if you want tinted windowpanes

Poloraid is what I clip over my regular glasses,  Those or Blue Blockers

Ordinary trifocal prescription glasses together with flip-up plastic polarizing clip ons.    You can easily flip them up and out of way going thru tunnels, and into parking structures or at sunset.

I have left at least 10 pairs of Ray bans at airports around the world!

Now I enjoy my $20.00 pair of Algodonas progressive lens prescription sunglasses. If I lose them it won't hurt as much. 8)

I'm with Mr. Ray Ban. I've lost them, sat on them, had kids break them, left them places, and even had a pair fall out of my pocket, iinto a river, and go over a waterfall. I get the most comfy pair I can find with 100% UV protection for less than twenty bucks.

I still prefer my regular photo grey progressive lens glasses that turn dark when it gets bright.  If I were to use sunglasses they would be the polorized type.

Unfortunately I have UV treated front wind shield, so photogray does not work for me.  Better check that out first before sporting for a pair, if you plan to use them driving.  Now I have to go back to Algadona to get a regular prescription polarized sunglasses.

Ron,

Several folks have reported photochromatic lenses not changing (or not changing enough) behind their coach windshield.

Tom said:
Ron,

Several folks have reported photochromatic lenses not changing (or not changing enough) behind their coach windshield.

I know several have experience the lenses not darkening behind a windshield but I haven't seen a problem in all the years I have had the photo grey glasses.  Guess I'm lucky eh. ;D ;D

Ron,

Are your lenses glass or plastic? I do know that I delayed switching to plastic because they don't change as fast or as much as glass.

Tom said:
Ron,

Are your lenses glass or plastic? I do know that I delayed switching to plastic because they don't change as fast or as much as glass.

These are plastic.  This is the first pair of plastic glasses I have ever had.  But the glass worked just as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom