Pressure washing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I bought a new tractor, cost alot of money and havent even made the first payment and yet it looks like its old and not well cared for, covered in dust and mud.

Its out in the woods in my storage container alongst side my old camper ( 1988 Sunline ) This is my camper https://postlmg.cc/PLBYTc6N

I also have a 275 gallon IBC tote for water which I can get filled. ( this is an example of what I have https://www.plastic-mart.com/product/9189/275-gallon-re-bottled-ibc-tote-ce-275tote )

I have a camper, I have a generator, I have a water container and I have a dirty tractor, I still need to get a cheap ( as in prob. harbor freight ) pressure washer

What do I need to get on the cheap side to get my tractor cleaned?

I need to spend as little as possible since its only a temporary deal, I plan to start building on the property in a few years and at that point Im willing to spend money.

Someone on another forum told me I could use the camper pump ( this is an example of the pump I installed in my camper https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SHURflo-12V-3-0-GPM-RV-Water-Pump-4008-101-A65-Revolution/153027439717?epid=2254491359&hash=item23a1256c65:g:gw8AAMXQWzNSlNuG )  to not only transfer the water that I bring into the site via 5 gallons at a time to fill the IBC tote but could also use that pump to feed water to the cheap pressure washer?

Someone also suggested that I should bury the tote in the ground, help with algae formation.....seems like alot of work....I also plan to use the water in that IBC tote to shower with ect ect.

Not drinking water

Thanks

If you want to throw money away all donations gratefully accepted.  ;D I was in the outdoor power equipment field for many years, as far as I am concerned the cheap stuff is junk. They are not serviceable, if the pump fails and it will the cost will be too close to the price of a new unit to be worthwhile but it's your nickel.

Roy M said:
If you want to throw money away all donations gratefully accepted.  ;D I was in the outdoor power equipment field for many years, as far as I am concerned the cheap stuff is junk. They are not serviceable, if the pump fails and it will the cost will be too close to the price of a new unit to be worthwhile but it's your nickel.

EDIT: I also have a high dollar gas powered pressure washer that I could bring out to the property if need be, Id rather not do that though cause prop. is 2 hrs away and if I leave it than I dont have one........cant say the last time I used it though so maybe that would be a good alternative.

Roy M said:

BTW I agree, trying to find the best option

I paid 1000 many years ago for my good washer, HB has them for 70 bucks, Id be using it once a month for a few minutes at a clip. I could buy alot of HF garbage for that money plus HF extended warranty is cheap, 3 years for little money

I full time in my motor home and I carry a cheapo $89 Walmart electric pressure washer(Campbell Hausfeld I think).  I've added a hose bib to one of the low point drains on my motor home.  I hook the pressure washer up to the hose bib and my external 110v outlet.  The 12v pump on the motor home supplies plenty of water to the pressure washer and the RV generator will supply the electricity.
Yeah, I probably can't strip paint off a wall or a car frame with the setup, but it's great for de-greasing engines, or washing the exterior of the Jeep or the coach.  Uses less water than just an open hose, too, believe it or not.

I used a cheap electric washer for around the pool. I think it was Greenworks. It did a fine job of washing things down although it took longer to finish the job. When I put in the new driveway I needed to upgrade to something a lot bigger.

I also connect the pressure washer to the water supply of the coach.  In my case I use an adapter to hook the regular water hose to the outside shower.

A couple of years ago while at Quartzsite in the BLM land I asked one of the employees if I could use the water in my freshwater tank that came from the filling station to wash the coach.  He said it was fine with him.  With my 100+ gallon fresh water tank it was more than needed.

Here is a picture of the brass adapter I used.

I still have three in my give away parts bin.

Attachments

• rt20180820_231756.jpg
    rt20180820_231756.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 42
I used to take advantage of eletric washer too until I got it dropped into the pool (I had the non-waterproof one).

mogleygull said:
I used to take advantage of eletric washer too until I got it dropped into the pool (I had the non-waterproof one).

I was always careful to make sure the power cord was short enough so the pump could not reach the pool. I just added an extra hose to get around the pool.

Stupid question but is this the water hook up on my 1988 Sunline camper? https://i.postimg.cc/L8TQzTGp/035.jpg

Seems backwards with hooking a hose up?? Is there any chance that I could expect water to come out of this thing assuming I had a hose hooked up, my pump on, water in the tank and I were to squeeze the trigger of the sprayer?

Camper is 2 hrs away, Im trying to come up with something to be able to rinse my tractor off at least at the end of the day.

Still working on a better solution but Im hoping that this will work as I think it might

I dont remember anything else on the camper on the outside that resembled a faucet.

That connection on your RV appears to be the hookup for city water when you're parked somewhere that provides that.

My previous coach had an outdoor shower behind one of the exterior doors on the coach.  There was also a hose bib in the same compartment.  My current coach has the outdoor shower in the utility bay with the sewer, water and electric hookups, but no hose bib.  My low point drains exit the coach in a location that's more accessible to me when all the utilities are hooked up, so I just added the hose bib to the end of the drain.  Also nice to be able to fill a bucket if I need to.

As far as costs go, hard to beat a bush with extension handle, bucket and soap. Rinse with water. Pressure washer replaces elbow grease, sometimes.

Ok so Ill assume there typically is no outside water hookup and Im not gonna find on on my camper unless I put it there. Thanks

I bought an electric pressure washer a month ago. When shopping look at the watts as well as the gallons per minute. The new sales gimmick is advertising the PSI only. Which means a 1200 watt motor with 1.3 GPM can create 2200 PSI but the cleaning swath is about an inch wide. VS 1800 watts with 1.8 GPM gives you a 4 inch swath. Get one with a turbo nozzle, it really makes a difference. Some can draw their own water from a container so you don't need pressurized water. I previously owned a Karcher that cost $150 and the new one beats the heck out of it for $80. So brand and price don't necessarily mean better.

TheBar said:
I bought an electric pressure washer a month ago. When shopping look at the watts as well as the gallons per minute. The new sales gimmick is advertising the PSI only. Which means a 1200 watt motor with 1.3 GPM can create 2200 PSI but the cleaning swath is about an inch wide. VS 1800 watts with 1.8 GPM gives you a 4 inch swath. Get one with a turbo nozzle, it really makes a difference. Some can draw their own water from a container so you don't need pressurized water. I previously owned a Karcher that cost $150 and the new one beats the heck out of it for $80. So brand and price don't necessarily mean better.

Ok got it thanks

1930 said:
Ok so Ill assume there typically is no outside water hookup and Im not gonna find on on my camper unless I put it there. Thanks

You said you had a 275 gallon water tank that you could fill. I assume this tank is where you are getting the water for the pressure washer. It's also the same water you can use to rinse with a bucket, or buy a $45 12v water transfer pump from harbor freight and attach it to a garden hose with sprayer. Or spend another $10 and get the 120v pump. up to you. However the 12v version can be used to fill your fresh water tank when boondocking. You can't fill your fresh water tank with a pressure washer.
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-dc-transfer-pump-63324.html

I have carried around a 120 volt transfer pump for a long time.

My thought was that in an emergency I could get water to fill my tank from any available source such as a clean creek.

Never had the need for it and then last month I used it to drain the swimming pool and spa.

You never know when something will come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom