PressurePro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RREngr

Hay Bernie, is their a seal inside the sensors? I have 2 tires that keep leaking down and had them checked and could not find any leaks. The shop thinks it is the sensors. I will be in Q-size Monday so you can look at them.

RREngr said:
Hay Bernie, is their a seal inside the sensors? I have 2 tires that keep leaking down and had them checked and could not find any leaks. The shop thinks it is the sensors. I will be in Q-size Monday so you can look at them.

Most common reason for leaks is the Dill valves. They are either defective or not inserted to proper depth. Have you moved one of the sensors to another tire and see it it leaks ???

There are indeed seals where the sensor meets the valve stem. And some of the sensors do have poor seals,  I had to really tighten my towed's sensors (Grabbed the stem with pliers tight, hand only on the sensor)

RREngr said:

There have been sensors that leaked, but very infrequently. When the tire shop checked for leaks were the valves on or of?. The tires should have been tested with the sensors on. If you move the sensors to different tires do they leak on the different tires?

We're back home tonite but will be back at QZ tomorrow afternoon and thru the end of the week.

I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee and it has the tire pressure monitoring system.  Do you know if it is compatible with the Pressure Pro system?  IOW, I would like to put Pressure Pro on the MH and the GC and still be able to use the onboard system when driving the GC.

Don

Depends on what you mean by compatable.

If you mean can you add a 2nd TPMS to the unit and it won't interfere,  Yes.

If you mean will this (Pressure Pro) TPMS read That (Jeep's) existing sensors, then no

In the case of pressure pro the sensors replace the valve caps,  The factory jobs they are either using sensors INSIDE the tiire or they are reading the brake sensors, but it's all wired

Don,

As John mentioned, OEM (factory) tire pressure monitoring sensors can't be read by the PressurePro dash monitor. Our Suburban has OEM sensors, but I just screw the PressurePro ensors on the valves when we're towing it behind the coach. Like John, I haven't seen any interference by the OEM sensors.

I knew Pressure Pro would not read the onboard GC system, I just wanted to be sure Pressure Pro would not interfere with the GC tire pressure reading system while driving it.  Thanks.

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom