Price of gas this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollie

How's the price of gas where you are?  Here in north Missouri it is $2.48 today.  Diesel is $3.02.

About the same here in Indy, $2.43-$2.48 depending on location.

Woody

A month ago, we were lowest in the nation. Now, most of Boise is just over or just under $3.00. I'd like to see some $2.48 gas. Diesel is about a dime higher. Lowest price in Boise is always Flying J. I gassed up there a couple of days ago at $2.91. A bargain.

I have the Flying J loyalty card, and get 3 cents off. I always charge on my AAA card, and get 2 cents more, off of gas, whereever I buy gas. Nickel off at Flying J is a big deal. Well, big enough that I wait in their lines.

Ray D.

OK, 20 gallons in the Volvo tank only saves me a buck. 60 gallons in the R.V. only saves $3.00. I hate waiting in a long line to save #3.00, spending $160.00+/-! I just avoid thinking of it that way.

$2.48 a gallon? I can't remember the last time we saw it that low. And here I was just starting to get excited about our new low of $2.91 a gallon.

Ray D said:
I have the Flying J loyalty card, and get 3 cents off. I always charge on my AAA card, and get 2 cents more, off of gas, whereever I buy gas. Nickel off at Flying J is a big deal. Well, big enough that I wait in their lines.

Ray D.

City Markets has special going until Sept. 15th. One can fill 50 gallons of gas or diesel and receive 10 cents per gallon discount for very $100 of food purchased. You can have as many fills as you want but only 50 gallons a time. We were going to be camping far from a store for a month so we loaded up on groceries and ended up buying over $200. So, I filled 50 gallons of diesel on way to and 50 on way back. 10 bucks is 10 bucks

blueblood said:
City Markets has special going until Sept. 15th. One can fill 50 gallons of gas or diesel and receive 10 cents per gallon discount for very $100 of food purchased. You can have as many fills as you want but only 50 gallons a time. We were going to be camping far from a store for a month so we loaded up on groceries and ended up buying over $200. So, I filled 50 gallons of diesel on way to and 50 on way back. 10 bucks is 10 bucks

City Market (aka King Soopers, aka Kroger) has that as a running promotion, not just in September. You always get 3-cents off with your frequent spender card so it's really an extra 7-cents. We've got enough from August spending for 2 50-gallon fills with discount but since gas has continued going down, we haven't bothered taking the motorhome out for a fill. Will have to use it before Sep 15 though.

Safeway has something similar. The discounts used to be 3c (no grocery purchases) and 6c ($50 of groceries), but went to 10c a few weeks ago. We were pleasantly surprised, but didn't know why. Maybe it was a competitive move, although there are no City Markets around here.

Fuel is still ridiculous here in central Washington (Moses Lake). Unleaded is $3.14-$3.19 and diesel is $3.45-$3.69.  Washington recently added a $0.05/gal additional tax for road improvements, so part of the higher price is tax.  We have enough fuel onboard to get us out of the state next week - hope Idaho or Montana is cheaper when it's fill up time.

Tom said:
Safeway has something similar. The discounts used to be 3c (no grocery purchases) and 6c ($50 of groceries), but went to 10c a few weeks ago. We were pleasantly surprised, but didn't know why. Maybe it was a competitive move, although there are no City Markets around here.

Safeway here in Cortez has the same thing....$50 in groceries is a better deal than City Market where you have to buy $100. Only problem is that the local Safeway doesn't have gas, you have to drive to the Farmington Safeway which is 75 miles away. Kind of defeats the discount.

Washington seem to always be gouging somebody or some business for funds to improve roads.  Problem is it doesn't appear that the funds ever get used for the stated purpose. :mad:

Here in NH around the Concord area Filled up last night at a local store it was 2.67 a gal.. not sure what it is today.. every body says it will be 2.00 very soon.. what the heck is up with that.. a week ago it was around 2.96 to 3.00 a gal...

LOL Wendy, that's the same reason I don't fill up at our "local" Flying J, unless we happen to be passing. Safeway is about a mile away.

Tom said:
LOL Wendy, that's the same reason I don't fill up at our "local" Flying J, unless we happen to be passing. Safeway is about a mile away.

Could you haul the boat that far to fill up  :D

Only one of the smaller boats in the fleet  ;D

Back
Top Bottom