Print your CompuServe address book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

All,

I found a program that will print your CompuServe address book in case you want to have a backup paper copy.  Both the readme file and the program are attached, just in case you might want a printed copy.  The exe file is 43KB and the readme file is 12KB.  The system said I could not send an exe file so, as an experiment, I am sending it as a zip file.  When you receive it unzip it and you will have CIMSORTH.EXE

JerryF

Attachments

• CIMSORTH.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 6
  • ADD BOOK README.txt
    544 bytes · Views: 4
  • CIMSORTH.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
Jerry

You could zip the file. There's no reason the system won't accept a.zip file as an attachment.

Jerry,

<< PS, I see that it did not work so if any of you want the program I suppose I can send it to you directly.  Or, what other ideas might you have. >>

Any chance you could post the CompuServe file for saving the Filing Cabinet as a ZIP file. I would like to have a copy.

Richard

ALL,

Here are the two programs to copy your CompuServe address book.  As suggested, I zipped the .exe file and that did not work so I am trying a .txt.

PS, I see that neither .zip nor .txt files can be uploaded. :(

Jerry

Attachments

• CIMSORTH.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 0
You're right Jerry. I just checked the forum config to see if there's a switch I need to toggle. It was set to allow txt files, but not zip. I added zip, but I need to see if it works and find out why txt didn't work for you. I'll be back, if not today, then tomorrow for sure. We have to leave town this morning for our grandson's birthday party today.

Jerry

The .zip format attched OK after I added it to the forum config. I'd prefer not to enable .exe files as attachments because they could have unwanted results for folks clicking on them.

Attachments

• JerryF.zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
I would guess the software doesn't look at the file extension but actually looks into the file.  Most file types have a characteristic byte code near the beginning that identifies the file (like exe, zip, jpg, etc.).  Text files don't, but naming a zip file to txt doesn't change the identifier codes, so the software wouldn't allow it.

I have CS2000, and there's a print button in the address book.  However, I'd like to back up a copy on the hard drive, just like I can save filing cabinets of emails.  Does anybody know of a program to do that?  It would be preferable to have a .txt copy or some format that does not require the CompuServe software.

--pat

Back
Top Bottom