printer and fax for laptop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While wandering several stores today, including Staples and WalMart, I saw a number of small-footprint flatbed combo machines by HP and Lexmark that were quite reasonably priced. The cheapest I saw was at WalMart - just $69, but I didn't pay attention to the model.

Tom said:
While wandering several stores today, including Staples and WalMart, I saw a number of small-footprint flatbed combo machines by HP and Lexmark that were quite reasonably priced. The cheapest I saw was at WalMart - just $69, but I didn't pay attention to the model.

Size? We're looking for something for the motorhome but prefer small-smaller-smallest.

And what were you doing in WalMart??

Wendy,

A sheet feed combo will be smaller than a flatbed. But I was surprised at how compact the flatbed ones I saw today were. Don't ask me what size they were - I was just cruising the aisles.

And what were you doing in WalMart??

LOL. As I've often said, we do shop WM, although I must admit to grinding my teeth every time I do. Chris needed something there today and, since this was a supercenter I'd not been in, I thought I'd wander around. I was actually looking at LCD TVs for the coach and the boat. Needed some dimensions, but didn't have a tape measure. Stood waiting for the gal in TVs to finish her phone conversation with her friend, but she never did. Tried to get help from someone else and got "sorry, I can't help". The folks in the TV department can't tell me the size of the TVs or be bothered to find out.

I finally grabbed a tape from housewares, since Chris needed a new one anyway. Then, after taking the measurements, stood in line at the checkout. Only two folks in front of me but, as usual, I could tell that the checker really hated her job. I sent Chris over to the self-pay aisles, but folks there couldn't get the machines to work any better than the ones in Home Depot. Let's see, 40 minutes to get some measurements and another 30 minutes to pay for a $6.97 item; What's my time worth?

I finally got out of there and again asked mysellf why I bother shopping at WM. It's too much of a hassle.

LOL Ned. I usually let Chris do the shopping, but today I needed some stuff at West Marine, next door to Chris' favorite fabric store.

I go to West Marine but don't like Walmart, for the same reasons you don't.

Tom

Guess what I am not super happy about checking-out at Wal-Marts either since they have 30 check-out stations and only 2 or 3 cashiers most of the time :mad: :(  and your right the check yourself out lanes are just as bad.

It's the old saying, build it and they will come.? Doesn'thave to be WM.? Before that it was KMarts, USA stores, Venture, and many others.? Now it's Lowes and HD putting small contractors with Lbr yds out? of business.? Also Dillards, Sears, Circuit City, Noble and Barnes, Bath and Beyond, Borders, and all the chain resturants that you can think of. They've all come in and put the small man out of business.? Face up it's the sign of the times. It won't revert. Do we like it?? Hell no, but it's the way things are,? If you don't like a given store, go elsewhere, thats the privledge we have in this country.? But down grading them cause we don't like their policies is a little bit like not speaking to the neighbor of your ex cause they live on the same block.? Of course, this is only my take on it and I shop where it's convienent and don 't care who it is.? It's a free country and they have a right to do business.? I may not agree with them but if I stopped buying from everyone? I didn't like? I might not be able to buy anything as picky as I am.? JMHO?  t's you choice to buy where you want and that's the bottom line.

Oh, lordy, here we go again with the Wal-Mart discussion.

I live in a small town and Wal-Mart is the second largest employer after the Federal Government and pays better wages than of the locally-owned businesses. I've never had a problem checking out at WM, never had an unpleasant employee. I shop at Wal-Mart and at all the grocery stores in town, all of which are chains. I also eat at the locally owned restaurants and shop at the local stores, most of whom cater to tourists.  I hate McDonald's and never eat there, simple. If you don't like WalMart, don't shop there, simple.

wendycoke said:
.... here we go again with the Wal-Mart discussion.

Oh well, if you must Wendy  ::)  ....

Some of their employees seem to believe that the yellow badge with the smiley face means they (the employees) should be grumpy.

If you don't like WalMart, don't shop there, simple.

That's what Shayne said and I agreed with  ;D

You guys need to come to Cortez or Durango or Farmington or Price Utah and see that there are Happy WalMart employees (Yes, Happy with the yellow smiley face). Although, I must say that the smiley employees were happier 10 years ago when we first moved into town. Of course, if you don't like shopping at WalMart, you don't have a lot of choices in the Four Corners. Let's see, we have a brand new Big R, Safeway, City Market (owned by Kroger), a K-Mart down in Farmington (75 miles away) and some local places. Still, I live here by choice, not necessity, and prefer the small town atmosphere even diluted by the giant WM.

I agree with you Wendy.  I have a few friends that either work at Wal-Mart or have retired from Walmart and they all seem happy with the way they were treated.  For me I prefer to shop at Wal-Mart reather than K-mart/Sears or that French owned company called Target.  I don't eat at Macdonalds either.

I'm sure that service and employee attitude varies between WM stores, just it does between Ace Hardware stores  ;D

As I previously stated, this was my first time in this particular store, so I had no advance knowledge of the place or its employees. They did have much better prices on name brand TVs than Circuit City for the same makes/models and, when the time comes, I suspect I'll shop a different WM store for those TVs.

Seldom ever eat at fast food stops.  WIfe too good a cook as am I when the need calls for it.  You can tell that by my belly.  Oops  thts from past beer drinking days.  LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom