Printer or ironing board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Oh no, I see the iron and ironing board discussion starting up again.

[edit]Figured it was time to split/move this discussion from the original "Southwest Airlines" topic.[/edit]

Oh, boy....was that a good one? I figure is I've got an ironing board and an iron, someone, somewhere, is going to expect me to actual....IRON. No thanks!

Wendy
p.s. I thinking sort of the same thing about the vacuum cleaner!!

I can see lots of uses for a printer. I can see some uses for golf clubs (you can always trash the golf bag and just stick the clubs here and there in the storeage units, under the bed, under the dinette, behind the toilet. But what good is an ironing board? Oh-oh, Sam quilts....now there's a use for an ironing board. But I'd still trade it for a printer any day.

Wendy

A 2"x8" can double as an ironing board and jack pad.  At least it has one useful function :)

I like the idea of covering a 2x8 with a pillow case and using it as an ironing board. Shoot, the dining table can double as an ironing board, push come to shove. And I still say that if I have an ironing board, someone is going to expect me to iron. And I didn't retire so that I could iron.

Wendy

wendycoke said:
But what good is an ironing board? Oh-oh, Sam quilts....now there's a use for an ironing board. But I'd still trade it for a printer any day.

Yep Sam has a small ironing board that she uses in her quilting activities.  Sam also has a storage bay of her own for quilting supplies.  We have a printer too but NO golf clubs. ;D

Oh no!? It is not fair that the ironing board topic rises its ugly head again when I have no Internet Satellite access. :eek:

Wendy, the ironing board is there at the Admiral's insistence, not mine for sure.? I retired so I could walk around any time I like in wrinkles. ;D

OK where do I find a tiny and cheap printer?? I put all my satellite equipment and router in the drawer that was designed for a printer.

Smoky said:
Oh no!? It is not fair that the ironing board topic rises its ugly head again when I have no Internet Satellite access. :eek:

Wendy, the ironing board is there at the Admiral's insistence, not mine for sure.? I retired so I could walk around any time I like in wrinkles. ;D

OK where do I find a tiny and cheap printer?? I put all my satellite equipment and router in the drawer that was designed for a printer.

As this is your first time out west I see that someone is going to have to introduce you to Fry's Electronics.  ;D ;D ;D

Even if I was silly enough to want an ironing board on board (sorry, Admiral, I was just a Sergeant), I'd have to give up the space for my scrapbooking supplies. I might consider the ironing board for sewing if I hadn't already given up the sewing machine in favor of the scrap crap. And Mike has no room for golf clubs if he wants his model airplanes along (although he thinks the bathtub is a great place for those....he's been talking to my Dad too much, he always kept his model airplanes, boats, etc, in the 5er tub).

Wendy
p.s. I'm standing firm on the crockpot....it stays!!!

Wendy:

We got a sewing machine too!!  And golf clubs!!!  And a crock pot as well!  Pretty soon I will be sleeping on the roof.  Or maybe inside the crock pot??  ;D

There's still hope for you Smoky. We have a sewing machine, a tiny ironing board (for quilting projects), a crock pot and several fishing rods (in place of the  golf clubs) and I  can still sleep in the bed.  Plus we carry a bunch of stuff the Admiral probably hasn't dreamed of [yet].

We have the sewing machine, ironing board (full size), several plants (One large), printer, etc but our big debate centers around an old wooden clothes rack that folds up. Sue does not like to completely dry wash and wear clothes  in the dryer so she has used this for years.

There is no place it fits well so it is always in the way. A good candidate to get accidently left somewhere but would probably end up with a new, larger one.  ??? ???

I have one of those old wooden drying racks. I hadn't thought about taking it along. I think I could bungee it to the outside ladder. I think it could come in handy....drying clothes, beef jerky, model airplane wings......

We used to carry a wooden drying rack, but the thing is just too awkward to stow in/on an RV.  And we didn't use it all that much anyway.  We make do in various ways, mostly using coat hangers from the awning rails and the occasional clothesline (where permitted). By the way, more and more campgrounds are ruling out clotheslines, which I think would include an outdoor drying rack.

There is a type of drying rack that designed to be attached to the rear bumper of a trailer and some types of motorhomes. I think Camping World carries it. Basically a couple arms with lines strung between them. Used to see them a lot but they seem to be disappearing too - perhaps because of the growing clothesline restrictions.

By the way, more and more campgrounds are ruling out clotheslines, which I think would include an outdoor drying rack.

Gary:

You must have been listening when I told Sue we would be evicted over thaqt *#@%$ rack.  ??? ???

Back
Top Bottom