Printer sharing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm running Windows XP Home edition, Version 2002,  on both pcs.  The Medion has a Pentium 4 processor and the E-machine has a AMD 2400 Anthlon processor. 
Thanks,
Jake

Aha! ;D, I finally figured out what the problem was.  I had installed AOL Security software on the Medion PC but not on the E-Machine. The AOL security software included a firewall.  When  I turned off the AOL firewall on  the Medion PC, I was able to connect access the other printer from the E-machine. Success is more fun when you have to work for it.
Jake

Jake said:
Aha! ;D, I finally figured out what the problem was.? I had installed AOL Security software on the Medion PC but not on the E-Machine. The AOL security software included a firewall.? When? I turned off the AOL firewall on? the Medion PC, I was able to connect access the other printer from the E-machine. Success is more fun when you have to work for it.
Jake

You can now join my club that I mentioned in my frst post The biggest problem I used to have in installing LAn's was firewalls so I adopted this procedure which eliminated it as a factor.? t ? ;D

Back
Top Bottom