PROBLEM WITH FILLING FRESH WATER TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GEOZAM

HI EVERYONE, I AM HAVING TROUBLE FILLING THE FRESH WATER TANK, EVERYTIME I TRY TO FILL THE TANK IT STARTS TO SQUIRT WATER FROM THE VENT BEFORE THE TANK IS FULL, THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FILL IT IS BY WRAPPING A WASHCLOTH AROUND THE WATER HOSE AND STUFFING IT INTO THE OPENING, THIS SEEMS TO FORCE THE AIR OUT BEFORE THE WATER UNTIL THE TANK IS FULL. I AM WORRIED THAT I MAY DAMAGE THE TANK THAT WAY. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS TO FILL THE TANK WITHOUT HAVING TO DO THIS, THEY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

Sounds like the 'vent' line is clogged or crimped. You should be able to open a compartment or such behind the water fill area and take a look-see at the lines. On my Everest, you can pull a panel in the basement and see all (water pump, heater, water heater, fill lines, and all the various and unsundry items) that are located behind the panel where the city/fresh water fill is located.

Larry

GEOZAM said:
HI EVERYONE, I AM HAVING TROUBLE FILLING THE FRESH WATER TANK, EVERYTIME I TRY TO FILL THE TANK IT STARTS TO SQUIRT WATER FROM THE VENT BEFORE THE TANK IS FULL, THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FILL IT IS BY WRAPPING A WASHCLOTH AROUND THE WATER HOSE AND STUFFING IT INTO THE OPENING, THIS SEEMS TO FORCE THE AIR OUT BEFORE THE WATER UNTIL THE TANK IS FULL. I AM WORRIED THAT I MAY DAMAGE THE TANK THAT WAY. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS TO FILL THE TANK WITHOUT HAVING TO DO THIS, THEY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

Many RV supply stores have a short hose extension that goes down into the filler tube far enough to prevent the problem you are having. 

PhilB

I had good luck using the skinny hose extension that goes farther into the fill spoiut.

What make and model year?  Check with the Owner Relations Dept of the manufacturer and see if there was a defect.  Some mfg "kinked" the hose at the tank during installation, others had insufficient hose diameters.

Back
Top Bottom