Problem with my HWH Hydraulic leveling system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoffmann

Hi Guys,
I'm new here.
Have a problem with my HWH leveling system on my Damon Intruder Motorhome.
It has a small hole in it and everytime I turn it on, there's hydraulic fluid leaking out of it.
It happened all of a sudden. I have a video but it won't upload. I'll try attaching a picture.
Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-171737_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210508-171737_Video Player.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52
WHAT has a small hole in it? Your picture doesn’t show anything I recognize.

No matter what it is, you must get it fixed.

Hoffmann, do you know what model of HWH system you have? They have service manuals available on their website that might be helpful to you to trace down schematics and things? Just a thought.

hoffman, it looks like the ball bearing described by mark.
call me at 602 549 3638 maybe i can help.
if its a a ball bearing, i would try to reseat it with a hammer or a c clamp.
i work full time for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales on this forum, and do not do service work. m only purpose is to provide information that will help in your repair.
paul

I got a1989 marquis bever with both air and hyd,can't seem to get coach up enough to crawl underneath to see wat is goin on with air susp,it's literally 4 inches off ground in front, got 2compressors in front

why not drive it up on blocks. anytime you have an air leak, thats the safest way to do it. use a bottle of soapy water to check all fittings, not just hwh.
hwh does not fill your air bags. hwh does not regulate ride height air pressures.
your ride height valves do that the travel valves are open anytime the ignition is on, and the park brake released.
paul maddox

your system is a 210 joystick leveling system. if you need a service manual, email me at [email protected]. i will send you one.
that ball bearing is a plug at the end of a galley inside the valve.
maybe use a ball peen hammer and hit it to drive it in further.do not use a punch, you dont need to move it much.
if that doesnt work, use jb weld. that may do it.
and if that doesnt work, have it rebuilt, or buy a reman valve.
not much you can do other than that.
602 549 3638
paul maddox
i work full time for hwh corp. i do not solicit part sales on this forum. i dont do service work any more except at rallies and assignment by hwh corp.

I got a1989 marquis bever with both air and hyd,can't seem to get coach up enough to crawl underneath to see wat is goin on with air susp,it's literally 4 inches off ground in front, got 2compressors in front
Start the engine and let the air pressure build up until the rig is at ride height. BUT, it would be good to put a jack or block or something under there to ensure the rig doesn't work it's way down while you're under it. Or maybe you could use the hydraulic levelers, but be very careful that the coach will stay up.

please dont rely on your jacks. if you puncture a line, or other releases of pressure on the system, it can cause a disaster.
hwh has a specific warning in all their manuals covering that. we have already been in court when an owner was hurt relying on his jacks as jack stands.
please use a solid support.
this is for all systems, not just hwh. its unsafe.
i know many do it, but we still warn against it.

Back
Top Bottom