Problems after baseplate install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debra17

We took our Acadia in to a place here in Tucson to have a baseplate installed. Today we picked it up and there are several things that are not functioning. The first thing we noticed is the power lift gate will not open with the fob or the switch on the door and it won’t close with the switch on the lift gate. Also the AC is blowing very hot air. The third thing is the outside temperature gauge is not working - it says -40 all the time. This is everything we have noticed so far.
It seems like something must not have been reconnected properly when reassembling.
We will contact the company in the morning about getting these things fixed but don’t feel like they will be very cooperative.
Does anyone have ideas on what might cause these things not to work?

Thanks,
Debra

Putting on a base plate should be a problem. They might have remove the neg side of battery for a while but can't see that beening a big deal. I would see if they left of a ground wire if so put it on..

The sensor for the temp gauge is typically in front of the radiator, somewhere behind the grille, so that could have easily been left disconnected.
As far as the a/c and the lift gate, if they wired the lights to hook up to the motor home, they could have easily popped a fuse or two along the way. I'd check all the fuses before I drug it back to them.

Thanks Crawford 111 and Old_Crow for those suggestions. We will check those things.

The lift gate has a switch on the door that sets how far it opens and has an off setting. I’m sure I had checked last night that it was on. A few minutes ago I went out to check it again to be sure. I tried it and lo and behold the lift gate opened. It also works with the fob now. Then I checked the other 2 items. When I started the car the AC immediately was blowing cold and the temp sensor is also working. WOW! What a relief! The installer did have the battery disconnected for quite awhile. So maybe it just took awhile for the computers or other systems to reset. I don’t know how that all works, but I’m just glad it resolved.
Thanks again for the replies.
Debra

I had all sorts of issues one day.. I'd just put a OBD-iI to Blue tooth device in the socket and was configuring TORQUE. one of the TORQUE modules (this is a program that monitors the OBD system) screwed things up big time.. Shut down, Pulled the Adapter. fired up no tribble since. Deleted last module (Gauge/indicator) I'd activated and re-connected.. No problem since.

FWIW: Todays autos and pickups can have as many as 37 computers in them.
And more and more, they are combining them into one super computer.

The Sprinter had a multitude of computers, transmission, engine, security, etc. Now all of that is combined into one huge computer. Not sure that is a good idea.

Charles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom