Professional Black Water Tank Cleanout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't read all the responses, so no need to reply to this if someone already suggested and you answered. But do you have a Flush King, or something like it to reverse flush with high-powered water, back up into the black water tank to help get "stuff" off walls and from everywhere? Here is an example product I'm talking about. Flush King
I am looking into that as an option since it is the only one recommended by the professionals. I need to have PVC pipe attached to the base of it rather than a sewer hose. Do you think that PVC will fit the connection? If so, would it be a bad idea to leave the Flush King on permanently and its closed valve would substitute for the black tank valve?

In California, it is required by the state that you have a PVC connection rather than a sewer hose if you live in your RV for more than 3 months. I didn't know that until the state came and did an inspection and I saw it in the handbook they left. The funny thing is that I didn't get written up for it because the inspector had an extreme allergy attack in my backyard and had to leave.

I have a valve mounted there and leave it there all the time. It serves two purposes. It is a backup valve because one of my valves is leaking and I’m able to transfer water from one tank to another.

After I empty my black tank and close the drain valve - every time - I put 5 gallons of water down the toilet to be sure it starts out wet. I just use a couple recycled milk jugs to measure the 5 gallons.
With 2 of us It needs emptied once a week.
We're only a month into a long stay so I'll know how well it works in a few months or more.

Back
Top Bottom