Propane fill station locations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some suggestions:
Many campgrounds (Tend to be costly)
Flying - J
And more and more Pilots, Loves and T/As are carrying Propane

Most areas have a propane distributor (For Flint, MI that's Parker's propane on, as I recall Coldwater and Dort but don't quote me on Coldwater)

Now.. what I have found.. Parkers is the lowest price for many many miles

IN Seneca, SC the distrbutor is the highest price for many miles

So. as the song is titled (My mamma told me to do the) SHOP AROUND.

Oh speaking of Coldwater... Not only is it a road in FLint and other townships near me but it's a city about 10 miles north of Indiana dead center e/w wise in lower MI.. I grew up in Tekonsha about 15 miles north of there... The Propane dealer in Tekonsha is Carmichael's 3635 14 mile road Tekonsha, MI 49092 if I recall the zip code correctly..

Mrs. Carmichael will want to give you directions.. (or you can ask me I know them) I finally convinced her I did not need directions to the farm I grew up on.

There's a Love's in Russelville, Arkansas that has the propane fill at the end of one of the RV gas lines. With my rig, I can pull into that lane, get the propane filled, gas up the RV AND the Jeep without moving a foot. I like that place.

Some Tractor Supply managers will not allow the filling of motor home tanks, some do. Virtually all are just inside their side yard gate and readily accessible to a vehicle pulling in.
I've learned to always call first to ask, Can you fill the onboard propane tank on a motorhome? Some just say no, and one told me that normally yes, but someone had taken off with some special piece of equipment you have to use to fill that type of tank, and they wouldn't be able to do it again until they replace it.

One place not mentioned is fireplace/yard stores that sell fireplaces, patio furniture, BBQ grills, pizza ovens, and the like.
My go-to place for filling cylinders on the edge of Denver is a garden/landscaping place, which I found only because I noticed a big "PROPANE" sign on the fence. I've never seen it appear it in any online search.

Which is fine for most people, but if you're a fulltimer, you generally don't gather local knowledge like that, and even if you're not, you'll be in a fulltimer's shoes if you're traveling away from home and need to get propane.

As others have mentioned.
U-Haul is a possibility.

I went to their website and they have a search function, along with a big motor home in the picture getting an on board tank filled.

I had a 30 lb tank filled this morning at a local Tractor Supply and they do charge by the gallon.

At least with my removable tanks I can park on the side and carry it to the filling station or if in a park I can load it in my pickup to get it filled.

we just google “propane near me”,
Usually the best place for convenience for filling our bulk tank in our class a would be “Tractor Supply”.
Most stores have a nice drive though setup, no need to disconnect toad.

Back
Top Bottom