Propane generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alejandro

Hello everyone
I have a 2018 lance 1172 T/C with a 2500 propane generator. I tried to start it this weekend and it just cranks over and over. I’ve pulled the fuel line to the carburetor and notice a faint smell of propane but very low pressure . I also removed the fuel line that leads to the generators regulator/diafram and it too has a propane smell but very low pressure. I can also hear the fuel pump start up whenever I depress the prime button. Can anyone tell me how much pressure should be coming out of those hoses and also what do you think it might be. It’s been recently serviced with a new filter, spark plug and oil. Please help
Thank You in advance
A. Perez

There should be zero pressure after the final propane regulator, it depends on manifold vacuum to suck the propane out of the regulator. As to not starting my first suggestion is to replace the spark plug, most propane generators are very sensitive to having a good spark plug of the correct model to run.

Hello everyone
I have a 2018 lance 1172 T/C with a 2500 propane generator. I tried to start it this weekend and it just cranks over and over. I’ve pulled the fuel line to the carburetor and notice a faint smell of propane but very low pressure . I also removed the fuel line that leads to the generators regulator/diafram and it too has a propane smell but very low pressure. I can also hear the fuel pump start up whenever I depress the prime button.
That's strange. Propane generators don't have a fuel pump or a prime button. Is this a gasoline or dual fuel generator?

More info needed. Is this a permanent, built in Onan 2500LP ?

Gas pressure is extremely low, normally about 2 psi from the regulator. Does the stove and fridge work normally on LP? If so, I doubt the gas pressure is a problem unless you find a kink in the line somewhere.

What altitude are you at?

Never heard of a prime or fuel pump on a LP generator, no reason for it.

You might watch my video on my difficulties starting a Onan 2500LP and what I did to fix it.

Charles

More info needed. Is this a permanent, built in Onan 2500LP ?

Gas pressure is extremely low, normally about 2 psi from the regulator. Does the stove and fridge work normally on LP? If so, I doubt the gas pressure is a problem unless you find a kink in the line somewhere.

What altitude are you at?

Never heard of a prime or fuel pump on a LP generator, no reason for it.

You might watch my video on my difficulties starting a Onan 2500LP and what I did to fix it.

Charles

At sea level I’ve tried those tricks you show. I don’t think I’m getting any propane into the carburetor. I’m going to look for kinks in the line later today
Thank You for your help

Back
Top Bottom