Propane issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thornton251

I have a 2016 Coachmen prism last camping trip, the propane went off on the water heater and I had no propane for the fridge or the stove either after about 5 or 10 minutes they both started working again. Any ideas on what would cause this. Everything was working fine water heater was heating water up went to turn the stove on stove will not light and water heater was off like I said after 5 minutes was able to start the water heater and had gas at the stove again. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Do you have 2 propane tanks with an autoswitchover regulator? Maybe the regulator was slow to switch over as one tank ran dry.

Just one tank, control panel on the code set propane was 2/3 full looked at the gauge on the tank and it said half full plenty of propane just don't know why it decided to shut off by itself

Could you please use punctuation when typing sentences. It will make it so much easier to understand what you're attempting to relay to us so we can properly help you. Thanks.

Just guesswork, but possibly the regulator got clogged for a few minutes. A glob of oil residue in the tank can get sucked into the outlet and into the regulator. That doesn't usually work it self out, but maybe...  Or maybe somehow an air bubble got into the gas line? Generally not possible, but that will clear itself after awhile.

Thank you for the information.  So far, it has only happen the one time. Been raving for over 20 years, and the is the first time I experience this.

thornton251 said:
Thank you for the information.  So far, it has only happen the one time. Been raving for over 20 years, and the is the first time I experience this.

Did you mean camping over 20 years?

Back
Top Bottom