Propane Leak detector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memtiger

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair and need to replace the propane gas leak detector which is a CCI Control model PR Tell 25 and from what I understand is they don't make that anymore and a recommended replacement for it is Safe T Alert 30-442-P-WT Propane Gas Alarm. problem is the old detector has 2 red wires and a black but the new one has 1 red and 1 black.
On the pigtail should I just connect the 2 reds into 1 or do I have the wrong type of of alarm? It is obviously something that needs to work properly.

The old one was set up so that it could be powered from either chassis or house battery, thus the two wires. The new one can only be connected to one of them, so take your pick. Don't splice the two reads together because that permanently connects the house & chassis systems and you don't want to do that.

Be aware that you have to change the LP shutoff solenoid to be compatible with the Safe Alert.

An alternative is to eliminate the shut-off solenoid altogether and use a cheaper LP detector. The RV gas code hasn't required a LP gas shutoff in nearly 20 years. As ultra cautious as the gas safety people are, they could find no extra value in having the auto shut-off feature.

Back
Top Bottom