Propane Refills on the way to Williamsburg,VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryce

We are travelling from Waynesboro,VA to Williamsburg, VA on route 64 to 95 South to Hwy10 west, can anyone telll me if there is a service station that has propane to refill my rig?  Easy access would be best.

Thanks

If there is a flying J on your route it will, Pilot, Loves and TA might,  In some areas hardware stores or general gas stations (you knew that last one)  U-Haul often has Propane, and Many campgrounds, but you tend to pay more at a Campground.

I like to look for wholesale places or other places that have "Tank farms" (many big tanks) Usually these places have better prices BUT NOT ALWAYS.

Where I am not the local tank farm place is the most expensive.

Where I usually buy propane in the summer the least expensive

And where I got it this last spring, Well not the cheapest, but close enough to it that the cost of gas to get to the cheapest would have negated the savings..... Plus I wished to visit that specific farm again  (It is the farm I grew up on).  That was nice. I'll have to go back there if the path ever crosses again.

I'll start by saying that unless you are running the onboard heater you aren't going to burn up much propane.  We generally fill up every 6 months with monthly useage of the RV.  Once in the winter and once either just before or durring our summer voyage.  We were very concerned about where to fill up on propane before we really had any experience, but it turns out that if we start looking at around 1/4 of a tank I generally have a month or longer to find it.  So not like gasoline at all in that regard.

Enjoy,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom